Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Share your VB Collection!
Posted on: 2014/2/20 19:02
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2013/8/23
USA
301 Posts
Long Time User (6 Years)
Here's my collection so far! There are still 2 games I need to get though, which ones hmm...

The US Mario's Tennis case in the corner is something cheap from eBay- possibly a DS case with foam added inside, and a custom label insert. Low quality though :/.

I'm also proud to show off my CIB, like new Chalvo 55 game in the top corner near Bound High!

If anyone missed out on my previous self-indulgent posts, the pic of my actual Virtual Boys includes one with a harness fashioned from zip ties and a Petzl headlamp strap. Feels like wearing a tight baseball cap, but it works great when you put the original stand on the VB ("backwards") and have the legs resting near your collarbone. The VB on the silver arm is that back-saving custom stand I made a while back, don't know how I used to play without it!

Attach file:

jpg  VB hardware.jpg (3,014.45 KB)
3574_530642cce1341.jpg 4040X3672 px

jpg  VB software.jpg (4,746.40 KB)
3574_5306431e63820.jpg 3672X4896 px

Posted on: 2014/2/24 1:41
Joined 2014/2/24
2 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)
I don't have a whole lot yet, but that is changing quickly!

Hardware:

Virtual Boy retail display kiosk (the larger countertop style)

Games:

Nester's Funky Bowling
Mario Tennis

I will try to get some pics of the hardware up soon

Posted on: 2014/7/25 21:08
PVB Elite
Joined 2013/6/17
Canada
1154 Posts
Top10 Poster10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (6 Years)
Here's my new Japanese display kiosk! A big thanks to Bigmak for this! Here she is all cleaned up and read to rock.

One thing I noticed, it seems on the earlier Virtual Boys the link cable port was called "Playlink" and on the newer ones it is called "Ext" like on all the Game Boys. This is probably common knowledge, but it was something I didn't know about.

Attach file:

jpg  IMG_4375.jpg (7,053.17 KB)
3422_53d2ab147b74a.jpg 4481X2952 px

Posted on: 2014/7/25 23:05
PVB Elite
Joined 2009/12/30
Netherlands
545 Posts
Highscore Top10Highscore Top ScoreContributor10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (9 Years)
Quote:

speedyink wrote:
Here's my new Japanese display kiosk! A big thanks to Bigmak for this! Here she is all cleaned up and read to rock.

One thing I noticed, it seems on the earlier Virtual Boys the link cable port was called "Playlink" and on the newer ones it is called "Ext" like on all the Game Boys. This is probably common knowledge, but it was something I didn't know about.

Wow, just wow! Looks very nice and you seem to have been standing by with a duster all the time as your pics are so very clean. I love it!

I also love the fact it isn't that big, but it looks solid. Thanks for sharing, again, very cool!

Posted on: 2014/7/25 23:37
PVB Elite
Joined 2013/6/17
Canada
1154 Posts
Top10 Poster10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (6 Years)
Quote:

TheForce81 wrote:
Wow, just wow! Looks very nice and you seem to have been standing by with a duster all the time as your pics are so very clean. I love it!

I also love the fact it isn't that big, but it looks solid. Thanks for sharing, again, very cool!

Thank you! I just received it yesterday, and I always clean my stuff when I receive it. It definitely cleaned up nice, and will get a regular swiffer.

It also works great, I love the minimal design, makes it really comfortable to play. It definitely keeps the system solid, I love it!

I plan to do a video on it as well, which I'll share here whenever it's done.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post