Posted on: 2014/5/27 0:43
Nintendoid!
Joined 2013/1/22
USA
198 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years)
Quote:

modeltfordman wrote:
Hello everyone, I saw this post and decided I'd jump in and say hi. I just purchased a a virtual boy today and am very excited to play it. I never had one growing up and was curious. So my curiosity finally got the best of me. I can't wait to play some Mario Clash and Wario Land! Now all I have to do is get a flash boy. Also if anyone is familiar with Famicom World I'm usually found lurking there as well.

Welcome to you too!

Don't miss the "secret stunt" on Mario Clash; it's the only way to get past level 100 --- where critters move very fast! But it takes some strategy to pull it off...

:-)

Re: New vb owner
Posted on: 2014/5/27 0:48
Virtual Freak
Joined 2014/5/27
USA
51 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)
Will do and thanks for the warm welcome.

Posted on: 2014/5/27 3:19
PVB Elite
Joined 2013/6/17
Canada
1208 Posts
Top10 Poster10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (6 Years)
Quote:

Alexander wrote:
What is best way to leave it when not in use? I've read different things and unsure.

I'll tell you what I think is the best case scenario for storage to maximize life, or at least what seems logical to me.

Avoid extreme temperatures, but more importantly, try to avoid large amounts of temperature variation. So, don't store it in an attic that's not insulated =P. Being stored in a room with a steady temperature will minimize the amount of times the glue heats up and cools down, thus, causing minimal wear.

Welcome to the forums btw.

Posted on: 2014/5/27 3:46
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/10/23
Great Britain
387 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (9 Years) Donator
Hello and welcome. Its great to see new people embracing the virtual boy.

Just being gentle with your VB will help a lot, knocks/bangs/drops no likey.

Enjoy your stay!

Posted on: 2014/5/27 7:04
VB Gamer
Joined 2014/2/14
27 Posts
Long Time User (6 Years)
Welcome to the club! I also highly suggest getting a flashboy if at all possible. I've had a VB since 2003 and ever since I got my flashboy I've been playing it more than I ever have! My favorites are Bound High! and the Hyper Fighting demo. As far as protecting your VB, I keep mine in a Blockbuster hardcase, which I just so happen to have an extra that I'm selling. PM me if you're interested.

Posted on: 2014/5/27 9:19
VB Gamer
Joined 2014/5/25
32 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)
Ok cheers guys by storage does it matter where I leave the focus switches? It's gonna be on display in the games room in my house and get played every so often. I read somewhere it can pull the ribbon out of place by leaving it on neutral. Cheers

Posted on: 2014/5/27 20:29
Nintendoid!
Joined 2013/1/22
USA
198 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years)
Quote:

vb-fan wrote:
Quote:

morintari wrote:
Let's not forget Bound High, it's easily the best game for the system.

At this point, I think the "flashboy" will be essential to playing Bound High (I agree it's the best game). I don't think the cart is available now.

Tusk does not list "Bound High":
http://www.uncletusk.com/catalog/17

...but there is one on ebay, he bought it from Tusk for $80 and is selling it on ebay for $90 (plus $2.50 shipping):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BOUND-HIGH-Vi ... -Cartridge-/161317147244?

You might consider getting it. "Bound High" on a Flashboy is fine; but there's nothing like plugging in an actual cart...

:-)

Posted on: 2014/5/28 0:14
VB Gamer
Joined 2014/5/25
32 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)
Just got 2 more games off eBay cheap. Once they come by post I will have 4.
Wario land
V-Tetris
Mario tennis
Panic bomber.
Woot

Posted on: 2014/5/28 17:39
VB Gamer
Joined 2014/5/25
32 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)
And found Galatic pinball for 9 quid. All good

Posted on: 2014/5/29 0:08
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
923 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (9 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Galactic Pinball is fun but I prefer Space Pinball. Even if it wasn't fully completed, its tables are more enjoyable.

Mario Clash is another fun game you should look into. Although I prefer this one with the button hack patched to the ROM (adds run, switches jump/throw).

You really should consider a FlashBoy+ to get the most out of your VB.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post