You are not logged in.
Lost Password?

Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: What do you like and not like about the Virtual Boy?
Posted on: 2014/3/25 8:57
VB Gamer
Joined 2014/2/14
27 Posts
Long Time User (6 Years)
I would agree with most of you on the pros and cons that have been said. I actually enjoy the red LEDs. My biggest cons however woul be the lack of great !st party games. I'm sure everyone here would have loved to have played Zelda, Metroid, or fully fledged Mario game. I also hate the lack of a strap for the system, which limits the playability for allot of people. I am actually working on a design right now that will replicate the headset Cyberdyne made using the Forte VFX-1 VR headset, but I am going to make a version for 3D printers. That way its easy for everyone to get this for their own VBs.

Posted on: 2014/3/26 6:07
PVB Elite
Joined 2003/7/26
USA
1469 Posts
PVBCC EntryCoderContributorSpecial AchievementTop10 PosterHOTY09 EntryLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder20+ Game RatingsPVBCC 2013 Entry
That sounds pretty cool, and a great use of 3D printing. I can't wait to see your design!

The next logical step would be to completely repackage the "guts" of the VB, which would allow you to:
1) Reduce the total weight by using less plastic, and
2) Distribute the weight better by placing the parts that don't need to be in front of the user's eyes (e.g. the amplifier and speakers) behind the head to act as a counterweight.

Posted on: 2014/3/26 7:14
VB Gamer
Joined 2014/2/14
27 Posts
Long Time User (6 Years)
That's a great idea! My initial plan was just to make a shell that will lock firmly to the VB, can collapse down when not in use, and feature removable headphones of the users choice. What you suggest is a great next step and completely redesign the whole VB unit. I do have a non-functional unit too, so I can dismantle it and experiment to see what I can do. Now you've got the gears turning lol. Thanks!

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post