Nicht eingeloggt.
Passwort vergessen?

Bitte erst registrieren. Danach ist es möglich Beiträge zu schreiben.

Nach unten   Vorheriges Thema   Nächstes Thema

No Street Fighter 2?
Geschrieben am: 02.03.2014 2:37
Nintendoid!
Dabei seit 28.05.2004
215 Beiträge
Long Time User (15 Years)
This compo offers a lot of very cool entrys but some how i'm missing Street Fighter 2 as an entry. Anybody knows something about it?

Re: No Street Fighter 2?
Geschrieben am: 02.03.2014 2:56
PVB Elite
Dabei seit 17.06.2013
Kanada
1155 Beiträge
Top10 Poster10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (6 Years)
..Was it supposed to be? I don't remember the creators mentioning that. In fact, MK submitted the gameboy emulator as his entry.

Also I don't think it would work as an entry, as I'm pretty sure you needed to start the project after the competition starts
Bearbeitet von speedyink am 02.03.2014 3:41:18

Geschrieben am: 02.03.2014 4:26
PVB Elite
Dabei seit 25.07.2003
USA
1507 Beiträge
PVBCC 1stCoderContributor#3 PosterHOTY09 EntryLong Time User (15 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2010 EntryPVBCC 2013 Entry
Yeah, I'm not sure I expected Street Fighter 2 as an entry, though I am sorta surprised at the lack of entries from the two people most vocal earlier in the competition (Red Metal and Guy Perfect).

And I don't think the rules stated that the game had to be started after the competition (just couldn't be an entry from a previous compo)... though it would seem a bit unfair to submit something that was near completion before the compo as your entry.

DogP

Geschrieben am: 02.03.2014 10:18
PVB Elite
Dabei seit 01.07.2011
Deutschland
1111 Beiträge
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
Zitat:

DogP wrote:
Yeah, I'm not sure I expected Street Fighter 2 as an entry, though I am sorta surprised at the lack of entries from the two people most vocal earlier in the competition (Red Metal and Guy Perfect).

And I don't think the rules stated that the game had to be started after the competition (just couldn't be an entry from a previous compo)... though it would seem a bit unfair to submit something that was near completion before the compo as your entry.

DogP

Now that you say it, didn't Guy Perfect even say he wouldn't need the extension? I hope he's alright.

Geschrieben am: 02.03.2014 14:10
Nintendoid!
Dabei seit 28.05.2004
215 Beiträge
Long Time User (15 Years)
Well maybe you guys are right that SF2 wouldnt work as an entry but i'm still surprised that there are no news about that in general. It was already looking very awesome. But yeah these two entys are missing indeed...

Geschrieben am: 02.03.2014 17:29
Nintendoid!
Dabei seit 03.01.2014
USA
168 Beiträge
Long Time User (5 Years)40+ Game Ratings
Hyper Fighting is still in the works. All I can say is talk to Bigmak :)

Geschrieben am: 03.03.2014 4:05
PVB Elite
Dabei seit 10.03.2011
USA
907 Beiträge
Top10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
nothing official has been announced. no news has been released. regardless of what you may have heard, it wasn't very nice to point people to bigmak. why should he have to now get flooded by PMs and chats? if the game is going to be finished/released then let that information come in time.

Geschrieben am: 03.03.2014 5:50
Nintendoid!
Dabei seit 03.01.2014
USA
168 Beiträge
Zitat:

Lester Knight wrote:
nothing official has been announced. no news has been released. regardless of what you may have heard, it wasn't very nice to point people to bigmak. why should he have to now get flooded by PMs and chats? if the game is going to be finished/released then let that information come in time.

Nothing official has been announced but I do know what is going on. I didn't expect for him to get "flooded". Excuse me for trying to be nice and point someone in the direction of a person that knows first hand on what's going on. I could have given a lot of info on the projects status but that is not my place to do so.

Geschrieben am: 03.03.2014 6:19
PVB Elite
Dabei seit 10.03.2011
USA
907 Beiträge
Top10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Zitat:

HoMenace wrote:
Excuse me for trying to be nice and point someone in the direction of a person that knows first hand on what's going on.

there should be no mention of this project's potential or who might be involved by you or anyone. it isn't your place to say.

Zitat:
I could have given a lot of info on the projects status

so now you are threatening the plans of all unreleased and potential projects by admitting you considered releasing private information to the public forum?

were you under the impression you are the only one who discusses things behind the scenes? why would you want to generate hype or put someone in the spot light before they were ready? did you simply want that virtual *pat* on the back? when using public forums, sometimes saying nothing at all is the best approach. luckily for you those involved are super nice and i'm sure will answer your questions in the future.

Geschrieben am: 03.03.2014 6:42
Nintendoid!
Dabei seit 03.01.2014
USA
168 Beiträge
First off, if you are going to quote something I said then do not take it out of context. I said that I could have given a lot of info on the projects status but that is not my place to do so. Meaning that it is not mine nor do I have involvement in the project so I did not want to disclose any details. I did not ask for anything nor did I expect it. I was simply trying to help someone. Not everyone does something and expects something in return. I don't know who you think you are attacking me but it is not your place to do so. You have no right to try to boss someone around on a site that you are just a member of. If the staff feels the same way then I am sorry for the misunderstanding. This is the last time that I will respond in this thread.

Nach oben   Vorheriges Thema   Nächstes Thema

Bitte erst registrieren. Danach ist es möglich Beiträge zu schreiben.