Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Reproduction talk (where we are at)
Posted on: 2013/12/25 18:54
PVB Elite
Joined 2013/6/17
Canada
1167 Posts
Top10 Poster10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (6 Years)
Virtual Bowling?? No wonder you're broke =P

Posted on: 2013/12/26 1:14
PVB Elite
Joined 2007/10/26
USA
757 Posts
ContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (12 Years) Donator
Well, to help people out..we were starting to try to space our releases out 2 1/2 to 3 months apart. That would give us about 4 releases a year..is that to much still ? I think 4 is oki..prob right on the mark, but we'll see.

We are putting some of the older stock back into the store starting the new year. Tusk had some boxes/manuals left over..and we've had plenty of requests..so this helps everyone out. So, if you did miss a few of the releases..they should come back in stock (not that many of each..maybe 10-20 ?? can't remember the numbers).

I have an idea for the people that have been keeping up with all of the releases..but I want to keep it under my hat for now. A lot can change..but I was thinking about something around the 10th release to celebrate.

Right now..we are currently working on nothing..but that can change quickly.

Fishbone might happen next..maybe. Thunderstruck wanted to make the levels longer and some minor adjustments first (prob after the comp is over)

Blox 2 Still has a save function problem.

Virtual fishing Is being worked on. But, only in someones spare time. We all know how all of us is busy :) So, this one might take awhile.

Hyper fighter Big question mark here. It has to be completed first. Figure out how big a game it is...if needed..we might have to use a new board and more memory. Boxes/manuals must be designed. This is a real wild card here. Super impressive game so far. Can't wait to release it (if we can).

Coding compo Who knows what this might bring ? :)

Look's like a lot of projects are being worked on. Feel pretty good about having enough to make games for another year or two at least :)

-Eric

Posted on: 2013/12/26 16:17
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/1/23
Germany
131 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years) Top Donator: 2nd
Thanks Eric for the information.
Do you restock a few SD Gundam English Translation Set's again?
I would like to bought it because I overslept the release complete.

Bernd

Posted on: 2013/12/26 18:43
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1118 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
Quote:

bigmak wrote:
Fishbone might happen next..maybe. Thunderstruck wanted to make the levels longer and some minor adjustments first (prob after the comp is over)

No idea what adjustments you are taking about. I might add an endless mode to put in more value.

Posted on: 2013/12/26 22:59
Joined 2013/12/26
2 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)
Would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. :) I am PizzaGeorge, brand new member on this site. I found this site while trying to recall where I had found people working on restoring unreleased virtual boy games in the past. Most likely this is where I had seen it. Anyways, this forum convinced me to join and I plan on purchasing a flashboy when I can (as a student during the holidays, funds are somewhat low atm) I do have a question though. Are these reproduced games downloads for the flashboy? Or are they actual carts? I've seen things on this site that seem to indicate both, but I can't seem to find where I would purchase either. As a collector, my main interest in the flashboy is in playing games unavailable otherwise, such as blox and the English gundam translation, however I try to buy the originals whenever possible. Could somebody explain to me in a little more detail how all this works? Thanks, and sorry for filling up the forum with this post. XD

Posted on: 2013/12/26 23:10
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
914 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
from what i have seen, the games being reproduced are on flashboy boards. so what you are buying is a stripped down flashboy. it will allow you to play the game, prototype, hack, translation, homebrew, etc, on actual hardware, but you can not reflash it with a new rom.

all of the things being reproduced are available for download. you should be able to find stuff under the games tab. if you wanted to play bound high, for example, navigate to games > unreleased > bound high! > downloads. if you are interested in translations, it is just a matter of applying the patch to the rom.

if you purchase a flashboy, you can "flash" 1 rom at a time and enjoy it on actual hardware. everything released will work on the flashboy. roms will need to be padded from their smaller size into a 2mb file. there is a windows-based tool available to do this. the flashing application is also windows-based. after you purchase a flashboy we can better instruct you on what you need to do.

the reproductions are sold in limited quantities. you can purchase them here: http://uncletusk.com/catalog/17 once they sell out they often command a much higher price, so be sure to grab them when they are offered.

the flashboy can be purchased directly from its developer. i recommend you visit his homepage and send him an e-mail. he also frequents this forum so you could ask here as well. http://www.vectrex.biz/

welcome to the site. this is the #1 site for everything virtual boy.

Posted on: 2013/12/27 0:06
Joined 2013/12/26
2 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)
Alright. Thank you so much for all the help! Happy to be here. :)

Posted on: 2013/12/27 1:09
PVB Elite
Joined 2007/10/26
USA
757 Posts
Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:
Quote:

bigmak wrote:

No idea what adjustments you are taking about. I might add an endless mode to put in more value.

Doh, I thought you said you wanted to add some stuff :)

Posted on: 2013/12/27 1:13
PVB Elite
Joined 2007/10/26
USA
757 Posts
Quote:

Cosmoliner wrote:
Thanks Eric for the information.
Do you restock a few SD Gundam English Translation Set's again?
I would like to bought it because I overslept the release complete.

Bernd

That was the only one that we weren't planning on restocking. The problems with ebay bothered us a bit.

How many people were unable to order this game before they sold out ?....I would really hate to deprive collectors or having a finished collection..but it's hard when people sell this on ebay for 200 + each.

-Eric

Posted on: 2013/12/27 5:33
Joined 2013/12/27
3 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)
Hi I am new here... just wanted to introduce myself. I've been coming here for alittle while but never posted. I love what you guys are doing with the reproduction carts. I just ordered space squash and I plan on buying everything you guys put out. I hope you sell a few more gundams because id like to buy one too. Id never be able to afford the real one or the reproduction on ebay for $250. Anyways my name is zach and I'm glad to be here. Its awesome that so many are showing love for the vb.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post