Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1118 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
Quote:

bigmak wrote:
Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:
HorvatM recently figured out how to deactivate the debug-menu. He told me how to do it so I included it into the level editor.

Woo Woo

Really wanted this done, so people wouldn't just people to cheat thru all of the hard work you're doing.

-Eric

I knew you would like this. I barely did anything though. For me this seemed really complicated (much more then changing the mazes). Luckily HorvatM figured it out.

Re: FacEdit - A Faceball Editor
Posted on: 2013/10/15 6:33
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
914 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
I was just curious if this tool was still under development?

Posted on: 2013/10/15 7:40
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1118 Posts
It is actually done, i just forgot about it. Will post it later today.

Posted on: 2013/10/15 8:37
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
914 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Glad I asked. =) Thanks!

Posted on: 2013/10/15 20:28
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1118 Posts
OK... here we go. I actually already finished FacEdit a long time ago. With all the stuff going on in my life I completely forgot about this little thing. However, here is what FacEdit is capable of:

- Create 56 levels for Faceball
- set position and types for walls
- set enemies of any type
- change strength of enemies
- change drop items of enemies
- set star orientation of enemies
- change behavior of enemies
- set positions of items
- set player health
- set timer time
- set music for each level
- modify credits
- set control scheme
- enable/disable debug menu
- testing in mednafen
- flashing using Flashboy
- stuff

Using it is pretty simple. you add stuff with left click and remove it with right click. The modified rom can be found in the "rom" directory. Don't delete the .bak file there.

If you add too many enemies, walls, items or play around too much with the custom enemy behavior you might break the game. Usually the level doesn't start, jumps to the next level if you come close to an enemy or resets the game when you finish a level if the game is broken.

Also, major SPOILER WARNING. The level editor has all of Bens and mine levels in there which have been released as "Faceball: Remastered". If you want to start without those levels just remove the stages.xml before starting the editor.

Have fun building stuff.

Attach file:

zip FacEdit.1.0.zip Size: 5,215.77 KB; Hits: 228

Posted on: 2015/1/3 19:49
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2293 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
This year, a project that I hope to have finished by the month of September is a new edition of NikoChan Battle, aka Faceball, and I'll be using thunderstruck's latest version of FacEdit to get the job done. As is known, Faceball for Virtual Boy has 4 Stages, each with 14 mazes, to work with. For Stage 1, I plan to retain the 14 maze layouts that appear in the Virtual Boy’s prototype version but make them harder and more complete, with more enemies and special items. For Stages 2-4, I’m going to make 42 new mazes, and each new maze is going to look like one of the original mazes from either the original Gameboy version of Faceball or the original SNES version of Faceball. Thus, this version that I'm making will have “official mazes” from every single version of Faceball that was ever made for a Nintendo system, which I think will make a nice Anniversary Edition of the game. I'm not yet sure of the title that I'm going to give the game, but the reason why I plan to release it in September is because according to the Release Schedules of Famitsu Magazine, Bullet Proof Software original intended for NikoChan Battle to be released for the Virtual Boy in September of 1995, but we all know that this never happened. But now, 20 years later, I hope to release a version that contains official Bullet Proof Software enemies, items, mazes, and everything, in order to pay homage to BPS and to celebrate the history of Faceball on Nintendo systems.

Posted on: 2015/1/3 20:52
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1118 Posts
One day I will make a Wario Editor so you can make a sequel.

Posted on: 2015/1/4 18:00
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/10/16
206 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years)
Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:

That would be the best thing EVER.

Posted on: 2015/1/5 5:03
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2293 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

Wyndcrosser wrote:
Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:

That would be the best thing EVER.

Ditto!

Posted on: 2015/2/28 15:44
Virtual Freak
Joined 2014/1/16
France
68 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)
I completely agree with that. I don't have any programming knowledge, but I love to use game editors.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post