You are not logged in.
Lost Password?

Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Anyone ever think we'll see VB games on 3DS?
Posted on: 2013/6/5 21:01
VB Gamer
Joined 2007/5/31
USA
45 Posts
Long Time User (12 Years)
I don't know about you guys, but I have a VB in my closet all boxed up. As much as I would like to play new demos and games its a pain to dig through, take it out, and set it up all the time.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is that I WISH this would happen. VB games NEED 3DS hardware badly. There will be so much rejoicing when this happens. It'll just be 1000 times easier to put games on a micro sd and load them up.

In the end I think it'll actually make the VB more popular as there was always this negative stigma against the VB and thus many people never got to try it. It was way too ahead of its time and it never got a chance. This would be that second chance.

Posted on: 2013/6/6 4:30
PVB Elite
Joined 2012/7/9
USA
833 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (7 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
I am actually against re-releasing VB games as I have stated it would kill collectability!

Posted on: 2013/6/6 12:27
PVB Elite
Joined 2008/12/28
Slovenia
629 Posts
Highscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCoderContributor10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (10 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2010 EntryPVBCC 2013 Entry
No it wouldn't. Physical copies (on cartridges) would still be just as rare. And you can already download ROM images of VB games, though the legality of this is questionable.

Posted on: 2013/6/6 16:28
Nintendoid!
Joined 2004/5/28
215 Posts
Long Time User (15 Years)
like i said, an emulator is possible already, we just need a coder (c,c++) who is able to program/port such a emulator.

Posted on: 2013/6/7 3:47
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
907 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
there is currently no publicly known way to execute homebrew code on the 3ds. rumored unreleased hacks exist but there is no sdk or 3ds tools at all. so my question is how are you going to get the code to run in 3ds-mode?

Posted on: 2013/6/7 5:40
VB Gamer
Joined 2007/10/21
45 Posts
Long Time User (11 Years)
Quote:

Dreammary wrote:
I am actually against re-releasing VB games as I have stated it would kill collectability!

I actually think it would have the opposite effect, and the collect-ability would only go up. This would introduce a whole new group of people to the VB, and many would like to enjoy the VB as it was originally intended.

Like others have said, all the games are already available in rom form, so I don't see how releasing them on the 3DS would ever hurt the collectors market as it currently exists.

Posted on: 2013/6/7 11:15
VB Gamer
Joined 2013/5/2
13 Posts
Long Time User (6 Years)
The first 3ds linker will be available very very soon:
www.gateway-3ds.com

I believe a VB emulator will be released in 2014.

Posted on: 2013/6/7 17:15
Nintendoid!
Joined 2004/5/28
215 Posts
Long Time User (15 Years)
This wont enable Homebrew at all. All it does is Playing retail games, so its most likely just for piracy.

Posted on: 2013/6/7 20:19
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
907 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
It is a 1:1 cartridge emulator. It is the same team behind the Crown 3DS. They originally built a clone of Splinter Cell and were unable to meet their deadline to make it run other ROMs. The name of their team and product became intertwined with conspiracy and illegitimacy. Eventually they figured out how to build an adapter between the chip and the microSD card. They changed their name (we know this because the same person registered both domains, among other info that has surfaced) and marketed the Gateway 3DS.

The Gateway 3DS can run 1 game at a time. Each game must be on its own microSD card, sized larger than the actual ROM. There will be no loader of any kind. The device does not allow developers to sign their own code, which means there will never be Homebrew of any sort with this solution. The device is also region locked, as the 3DS will read it as an actual game cart. This means you will not be able to play any 3DS game hacks, translations, or ROMs from other regions. Gateway 3DS themselves recommends that you do not play online games. So far there is no evidence that Nintendo can block 3DS systems from going online, but they were able to do it with the Wii.

This is 100% a device for piracy on the 3DS and has absolutely no other usage. Priced at $80.

Posted on: 2013/6/8 21:46
VB Gamer
Joined 2013/5/2
13 Posts
Long Time User (6 Years)
thanks for all that informations! I was interested on that product, now i'm not.. If this can't support homebrew games it's not for me..

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post