Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: This Months Saddest/Funniest Virtual Boy Auction
Posted on: 2013/4/3 19:52

Joined 2012/2/26
Great Britain
-1 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years)
i would say it's one of the best VB auctions i've ever seen.. honest, to the point, and providing you with what you'll need to keep it working.

eventually i'd love to be able to do the solder repair on mine, but im not skilled enough yet, so it's the oven method for me for now.

Posted on: 2013/4/4 21:25
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2005/9/17
USA
314 Posts
Long Time User (14 Years)
My personal favorite is this auction up at the moment:

1. Common game? Check.
2. VGA Grading? Check.
3. Higher price than you would ever pay for #1? MEGA-CHECK:

nintendo game virtual boy RED ALARM sealed complete VGA 90+ MINT !!!!!

No doubt the game's in good condition, but Virtual Bowling it ain't. $1,500 is ridiculous.

Attach file:

jpg  high-red-alarm.jpg (385.81 KB)
170_515defa712b4b.jpg 1359X621 px

Posted on: 2013/4/5 13:27
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
0 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10 1stContributor#2 PosterLong Time User (9 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

jrronimo wrote:
No doubt the game's in good condition, but Virtual Bowling it ain't. $1,500 is ridiculous.

The thing one always must keep in mind with listings that include a "Best Offer" option, though, is that the seller himself might think that the listed price is ridiculous and that nobody will ever click the "Buy It Now" button, so he simply wants to hear out offers. Some sellers want an offer pretty close to their listed price, but others are willing to accept much, much less.

Posted on: 2013/4/8 17:54

Joined 2013/1/19
USA
-1 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years) Donator20+ Game Ratings
Quote:

Benjamin Stevens wrote:

The thing one always must keep in mind with listings that include a "Best Offer" option, though, is that the seller himself might think that the listed price is ridiculous and that nobody will ever click the "Buy It Now" button, so he simply wants to hear out offers. Some sellers want an offer pretty close to their listed price, but others are willing to accept much, much less.

Well, I know for a fact that those "Best offers aren't that cheep either. I drunkenly offered $500 one night instead of $50 and was met with immediate rejection on a similar unopened and graded game.

Don't drink and bid. That's how I ended up with 250 NES "Bible Adventure" cart stickers.

Posted on: 2013/4/8 22:37

Joined 2010/10/13
Austria
-1 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (9 Years)
Quote:

Don't drink and bid. That's how I ended up with 250 NES "Bible Adventure" cart stickers.

Hahahahahahahhahahahahahhaaaaaaa :-)

Posted on: 2013/4/9 0:14

Joined 2012/10/16
-1 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years)
To be honest, there's one at my local game store that looks just like that for $30 bucks lol

Posted on: 2013/4/9 0:38
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2005/9/17
USA
314 Posts
Long Time User (14 Years)
Quote:

Benjamin Stevens wrote:
Quote:

jrronimo wrote:

That's true, but I still don't think Red Alarm is worth $1500 in any form, haha. Maybe if it were a prototype on the order of difference of Space Pinball vs. Galactic Pinball. Actually, that'd probably be $5k or much, much more.

ANYWAY, for a "run of the mill" copy of Red Alarm, VGA graded or no, I wouldn't offer more than a few hundred, personally.

...but my collection doesn't look as nice as that guys', probably, haha.

Posted on: 2013/5/8 19:28

Joined 2012/6/4
USA
-1 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (8 Years)
Looks like he is at it again Mario Clash for 1,999$......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/nintendo-game ... Games&hash=item2ec7e45dae

Posted on: 2013/5/8 19:30

Joined 2013/1/19
USA
-1 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years) Donator20+ Game Ratings
Quote:

kkabalka wrote:
Looks like he is at it again Mario Clash for 1,999$......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/nintendo-game ... Games&hash=item2ec7e45dae

wow, I have a copy of that too! Anyone want to trade their copy of Virtual Bowling for my "ULTRA RARE" US version of Mario Clash?

Posted on: 2013/5/9 12:48
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
0 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10 1stContributor#2 PosterLong Time User (9 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
This is the first time when I see a fool:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Virtual-Boy-3 ... ain_0&hash=item1e7a8b8ccd

who is very quickly followed by another fool:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Virtual-Boy-3 ... ain_0&hash=item417325e41f

"Who's the more foolish... the fool or the fool who follows him?"

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post