Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Happy Three Kings day..oh and btw..Faceball: Remastered
Posted on: 2013/3/11 21:17
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1094 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (7 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
I was just looking though games I could play with my SuperScope (there are not so many in the end) and I couldn't believe what I was seeing: Faceball 2000. This game is just everywhere. So I guess the next thing to do is somehow connect my SuperScope to my VB... never mind.

Posted on: 2013/3/11 22:04
PVB Elite
Joined 2008/12/28
Slovenia
618 Posts
Highscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCoderContributor10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (9 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2010 EntryPVBCC 2013 Entry
Here's a patch that lets you to strafe with the left D-pad while turning with the right D-pad, allowing you to circlestrafe. However, you can't also walk at the same time, but you can still walk and strafe without turning.

If there's enough demand, I can try to improve this control scheme or even add support for multiple schemes in the game.

This patch should work with thunderstruck's additions, but I have not verified that.

Attach file:

ips FaceballCirclestrafe.ips Size: 0.10 KB; Hits: 128

Posted on: 2013/3/12 19:54
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1094 Posts
Quote:

HorvatM wrote:
Here's a patch that lets you to strafe with the left D-pad while turning with the right D-pad, allowing you to circlestrafe. However, you can't also walk at the same time, but you can still walk and strafe without turning.

If there's enough demand, I can try to improve this control scheme or even add support for multiple schemes in the game.

This patch should work with thunderstruck's additions, but I have not verified that.

It makes the controls pretty smooth. I for sure would like to see what else you can come up with. Let me know when you are done so I can add your control-scheme to the editor.

Posted on: 2013/3/12 21:28
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1094 Posts
I designed 3 levels today. I already had an idea of how the levels should look like. Took me about an hour or so to fine tune everything. Doing the levels is pretty fast using the FacEdit so I might be done with my stages soon.

Of course I need to make sure every level can be beaten on hardware so that may take some time as well.

Posted on: 2013/3/13 4:18
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2080 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (7 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:

Benjamin Stevens jumped in and is now helping me by designing 2 stages. This is great because that way I also have a new game (well, a half game) to look forward to.

I sure hope that people want more enemies, larger levels, and a much tougher challenge, because that is exactly what every maze across my 2 stages is going to deliver. I'm trying to make them in such a way that a player will likely have to move as quickly as possible the whole time and utilize the controls as well as the items to their full potential in order to win. Right now, it is pretty tough to beat any stage and have more than 30 seconds left on the timer (if playing on hardware). I myself actually get pretty angry at my own game, but hey, that's good replayability, right? ;-)

Posted on: 2013/3/13 21:17
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1094 Posts
I have 8 mazes now and I slowly run out of ideas. I try my best to give every level a unique feel. I started with the invisible enemy stage so there is not too much variety in terms of enemies.

Posted on: 2013/3/13 22:22
PVB Elite
Joined 2008/12/28
Slovenia
618 Posts
Highscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCoderContributor10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (9 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2010 EntryPVBCC 2013 Entry
New version of my control scheme patch. This one modifies the controls like this:

Left D-pad: strafe and move forward/backward
Right D-pad: turn
L: hold down to run

Other controls are the same as before.

Attach file:

ips MatejsControls.ips Size: 0.13 KB; Hits: 114

Posted on: 2013/3/14 22:24
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1094 Posts
Quote:

HorvatM wrote:
New version of my control scheme patch. This one modifies the controls like this:

Left D-pad: strafe and move forward/backward
Right D-pad: turn
L: hold down to run

Other controls are the same as before.

Pretty cool. Do you plan more changes?

I designed 13 levels till now. I feel like I should do something special for the last level so I stopped here. I tested every level to check if technically works. However, I feel like someone should play-check the levels (Ben, I'm looking in your direction!) to make sure the levels are well ballanced.

Posted on: 2013/3/14 22:40
PVB Elite
Joined 2008/12/28
Slovenia
618 Posts
Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:
Pretty cool. Do you plan more changes?

Not really. I'd like to remove some of the limitations on movement and add a control scheme selection screen, but it looks like everybody is fine with patching the ROM to change the controls.

Posted on: 2013/3/15 14:45
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2080 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (7 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:

I feel like someone should play-check the levels (Ben, I'm looking in your direction!) to make sure the levels are well ballanced.

If you want me to play test your mazes, I am definitely up for that. :-)

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post