Posted on: 2013/2/22 8:15
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1139 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
Quote:

bigmak wrote:
?????????? Is that a high score ending screen ?????

-Eric

Well, it is the credit screen that used to show 1234567890. I don't think it was ever supposed to show the score. I can now write whatever I want in the credits now. So I guess I will put some thank yous there. What's the name of the guy who bought the game again?

Re: Happy Three Kings day..oh and btw..Faceball: Remastered
Posted on: 2013/2/22 14:20
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2301 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10 1stContributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Excellent work, Thunderstruck!

It looks like you have the ability to eventually hack absolutely anything you want if you put your mind to it.

Soon... you'll be hacking the Pentagon. ;-)

Posted on: 2013/2/22 17:27
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2011/7/3
USA
439 Posts
CoderContributorLong Time User (8 Years) App Coder40+ Game Ratings
Benjamin Stevens wrote Quote:

It looks like you have the ability to eventually hack absolutely anything you want if you put your mind to it.

While your at it Thunder could you hack the big "N" and get us the two lost games? JK

Posted on: 2013/2/22 20:56
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1139 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
Quote:

morintari wrote:
Benjamin Stevens wrote Quote:

While your at it Thunder could you hack the big "N" and get us the two lost games? JK

Sounds complicated... but if someone sends me the uunfinished dragon hopper rom I will finish the game for him for free.

Posted on: 2013/2/22 22:35
Nintendoid!
Joined 2010/10/3
128 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (9 Years)
Quote:

Sounds complicated... but if someone sends me the uunfinished dragon hopper rom I will finish the game for him for free.

What's your address? I'll have the original unfinished ROM in your mailbox on April 1.

Posted on: 2013/2/23 5:18
Nintendoid!
Joined 2013/1/22
USA
198 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years)
Quote:

morintari wrote:

While you're at it Thunder could you hack the big "N" and get us the two lost games?
I have always believed that some of the two dozen games listed on "unreleased" existed on N's computers. If they are so committed to having nothing further to do with the Virtual Boy, then why in God's Universe would they not release whatever they have? In the late nineties or very early two thousands, I contacted them; at first ignored, the only response I got is "NO WE ARE NOT GOING TO RELEASE ANYTHING". Seeing as how many people own MULTIPLE platforms, it would be nothing but good PR to release whatever games they had (easily including Dragonhopper & Zero racers), promoting good will and future sales of other products. But noooOOOooo, illogical attitudes aren't just for politics.

Quote:
colesonwilson wrote:

What's your address? I'll have the original unfinished ROM in your mailbox on April 1.

Nice. ;-P

Posted on: 2013/2/23 20:35
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/11/23
132 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (7 Years)
I wrote a very polite letter to Nintendo around a month ago, saying how I am a long time fan of their games, and asking about any info for Dragon Hopper and Zero Racers, and if so, contact these people on Planet VB(KR155E, DogP and Bigmak).

The first response I got basically said "Roms are illegal, so we cannot help you". Very short and disappointing.

Today, I surprisingly got another letter back. It was from a different person, and it was very polite. They appreciated me enjoying their games, but unfortunately, they have no info on either of the two games. They hope that I continue to enjoy my Virtual Boy, and they gave me some free stuff (Pokemon bookmarks).

I guess Nintendo doesn't have any info? Well, at least I am more than content with all the VB games I have. Good luck everyone! :)

Posted on: 2013/2/23 21:37
Nintendoid!
Joined 2013/1/22
USA
198 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years)
Quote:

segagamer99 wrote:
I wrote a very polite letter to Nintendo around a month ago, saying how I am a long time fan of their games, and asking about any info for Dragon Hopper and Zero Racers, and if so, contact these people on Planet VB(KR155E, DogP and Bigmak).

The first response I got basically said "Roms are illegal, so we cannot help you". Very short and disappointing.

Today, I surprisingly got another letter back. It was from a different person, and it was very polite. They appreciated me enjoying their games, but unfortunately, they have no info on either of the two games. They hope that I continue to enjoy my Virtual Boy, and they gave me some free stuff (Pokemon bookmarks).

I guess Nintendo doesn't have any info? Well, at least I am more than content with all the VB games I have. Good luck everyone! :)
Well, maybe they do, and maybe they don't. It's more likely the "official position" is not to have any info.

However, the Japanese people are very "honor based" --- so I would strongly encourage you to write back and thank the second person for his kindness. That will ONLY promote good interaction. The "bookmarks" was a very good gesture.

I had a broken watch once (lcd was snapped), and wrote to Japan --- they sent me a new one; unfortunately, it was just in a tiny zip-lock bag in the return letter, and arrived snapped too. They replaced it --- so just for fun I sent them a "thank-you" letter, with a laser hologram to express appreciation. It impressed them, they then sent me a whole new watch module. Mind you, I wasn't AFTER anything, just wanted to express appreciation and honor them for their response; I met them on their level, and they honored me back!

There is a saying, "People are alike all over".

:-)

PS --- if you send him something BACK, a little gift, hologram or something inexpensive that an adult Japanese person could find useful, it will blow him away; don't expect anything from it, just have fun "returning the appreciation" and the honor. He took the trouble to write to you, and to get the bookmarks and put them in an envelope for you.

Just a simple short note --- "You honored me by your reply, I just wanted to express my appreciation for your trouble and the gifts." He will very much relate to the word "honor". Best to leave the first response alone, it's pretty clear the first person will HEAR about your "thank-you".

:-)

Posted on: 2013/2/23 22:11
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/11/23
132 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (7 Years)
Quote:

vb-fan wrote:
However, the Japanese people are very "honor based" --- so I would strongly encourage you to write back and thank the second person for his kindness. That will ONLY promote good interaction. The "bookmarks" was a very good gesture.

It was U.S. Nintendo. I have sent a copy to Japan as well, but no response so far. I probably should write back though, but they want email.

Posted on: 2013/2/24 0:33
PVB Elite
Joined 2007/10/26
USA
757 Posts
ContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (12 Years) Donator
This is the topic police..has anyone seen info on faceball:remastered..it seems to be lost.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post