Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Faceball release and details
Posted on: 2013/1/15 16:15
Virtual Freak
Joined 2013/1/15
USA
94 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (6 Years)
This really sucks. You're doing such good work bringing us Faceball. Us collectors really want a CIB copy of this game and have no problem paying for it. Ignore those other people. Don't let the VB fans suffer because of this. I would love for a CIB copy of Faceball as would many other hardcore VB fans. Please don't rob us of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity because of some random people.

super faceball penny-arcade site
Posted on: 2013/1/15 16:15
VB Gamer
Joined 2012/11/23
USA
39 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years)
super face ball mentioned on penny-arcade site
http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/thq-going-to-pieces

Posted on: 2013/1/15 16:56
PVB Elite
Joined 2008/11/10
Great Britain
507 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (11 Years)
Quote:

hawk1010 wrote:
This really sucks. You're doing such good work bringing us Faceball. Us collectors really want a CIB copy of this game and have no problem paying for it. Ignore those other people. Don't let the VB fans suffer because of this. I would love for a CIB copy of Faceball as would many other hardcore VB fans. Please don't rob us of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity because of some random people.

Some how I doubt 'ignoring those people' and going ahead is a good road for Eric to travel, he's already shelled out a packet & could loose alot more if legal issues arise.

Hey why not sell your collection and take over the job Eric is doing, you can make and sell as many carts as you want.

Posted on: 2013/1/15 17:05
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/10/23
Great Britain
385 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (9 Years) Donator
What is it with these busy bodys? I just don't understand.
Well I can't blame you Eric, at the end of the day you got to look after number one, you don't what any legal action been taking against you. Bad times. Hope your ok.

Posted on: 2013/1/15 17:09
Nintendoid!
Joined 2010/8/29
126 Posts
Long Time User (9 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
Dude, bigmak, what an incredible bummer for you... especially after everything you did to lay hands on the proto in the first place. The community at large thanks you a thousand times over.

There will always be those out there looking to ruin other peoples' good times, though. I certainly can't fault you for making the choice you've made, even if it causes the collector in me to weep a little.

I'll certainly be donating, regardless, as thanks for the sacrifice you made. If there's anything else I can do to help, say the word.

Posted on: 2013/1/17 0:07
Joined 2012/1/7
8 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years)
Hi everyone!

I just want to show my support to Eric (Bigmac) and chiefly thank him for what many wouldn't have done, sacrifice all his Virtual Boy collection to get Faceball's prototype and then give it to the community.............FOR FREE!!!!

There's nothing bad in trying to recover so much money spent, and as a change "give a copy of Faceball" to those who want to help you. What is wrong in that?

Those who want to boycott Faceball's output as a complete cartridge (box and instructions) mind your business and leave us alone.....

COUNT ON MY SUPPORT!!!!!!!!

Posted on: 2013/1/17 2:51
VB Gamer
Joined 2012/7/2
31 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years)
Ok so I read the thread...

My condolences to Eric(Bigmac) regarding this situation.

Can something be done in terms of editing the software/sprites to make a game CIB that is intellectually unique???

Where is the pressure coming from? And why would there be pressure regarding this release? Its a real shame that it has come to this...

What is the situation with donation at this time...?

Hopefully something can be done with regard to this situation... Or is it truly too late for that....?

Posted on: 2013/1/17 3:14
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/11/23
132 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (7 Years)
Quote:

gamesbloke wrote:
Ok so I read the thread...

My condolences to Eric(Bigmac) regarding this situation.

Can something be done in terms of editing the software/sprites to make a game CIB that is intellectually unique???

Where is the pressure coming from? And why would there be pressure regarding this release? Its a real shame that it has come to this...

What is the situation with donation at this time...?

Hopefully something can be done with regard to this situation... Or is it truly too late for that....?

No, everything is just fine.

It's just some asshats who think $100 for an unreleased prototype is a load of crap, and think that, oh no, it hurts Nintendo.

I mean, people port Konami MSX and Sega SG-1000 games to ColecoVision for profit. Soon, there will be an arcade perfect port of Donkey Kong on the Super Game Module for sale as well. You think any of those companies care? You think BPS, god knows what it is now, will care?

Nothing bad is going to happen. No pressure at all. :)

Posted on: 2013/1/17 5:10
Nintendoid!
Joined 2010/8/29
126 Posts
Long Time User (9 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
Much as I'd like to think that, it's really up to bigmak what happens at this point. I can't fault him at all for wanting to avoid a potentially huge hassle and play it safe - at great personal loss, no less. He must have put a lot of thought into how to move forward - heck, he probably still is.

Posted on: 2013/1/17 6:46
VB Gamer
Joined 2012/11/23
USA
39 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years)
No 2 player! :( I was looking forward to making a 2 player cable...

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post