Lost Password?

Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Faceball release and details
Posted on: 2013/1/8 1:55
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/11/23
132 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (6 Years)
pcenginefx.com has quite a few Virtual Boy fans

the users over there are very helpful when trying to find protos or donate for them :)

Posted on: 2013/1/8 2:17
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2012/12/4
418 Posts
CoderLong Time User (6 Years)
Quote:

WoLfMaN wrote:
Give it a shot, but donīt forget to include some material - people like to see what they get before they donate... ;)

I'll shoot some videos and take some screenshots. Is there any part of the game that's especially gawk-worthy?

Posted on: 2013/1/8 2:22
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/11/23
132 Posts
Quote:

Guy Perfect wrote:
Quote:

WoLfMaN wrote:
Give it a shot, but donīt forget to include some material - people like to see what they get before they donate... ;)

I'll shoot some videos and take some screenshots. Is there any part of the game that's especially gawk-worthy?

Definitely tell about what you get in the $100 or $200 editions. Talk about Faceball: Remastered. Say how it's probably one of the smoothest versions. Talk about the 3D effects(naturally), and tell how the enemies are all different than previous versions. :)

Posted on: 2013/1/8 2:45
Nintendoid!
Joined 2010/10/13
Austria
114 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (9 Years)
Quote:

Is there any part of the game that's especially gawk-worthy?

No. Its about selling something to people you want support from. Itīs only natural that they want and should receive a little more info. Make a short interview, a making-of, drawings, the process of making it, etcblabla...be creative - thats the marketing part of it.

Make a sensation of it (because it is one) - how many NEW games for dead consoles can be bought today?
Thatīs definitely a USP if you ask me...

just my 2cents.

Posted on: 2013/1/8 4:50
Virtual Freak
Joined 2012/2/2
Canada
62 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years)
Kickstarter comes to mind, but of course there is the whole IP issue...

Posted on: 2013/1/8 5:30
PVB Elite
Joined 2012/7/9
USA
833 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (7 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
Interesting, but yea this needs to be advertised. I am sure people want it released.

Posted on: 2013/1/8 19:14
Nintendoid!
Joined 2009/8/3
Spain
129 Posts
Long Time User (10 Years) Donator60+ Game Ratings
200 bucks to get a unreleased game? Sign me uuuuup

Posted on: 2013/1/9 1:32
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2005/9/17
USA
312 Posts
Long Time User (14 Years)
IndieGoGo might be more suited to this case than Kickstarter -- you can pretty much say "This is just to donate as a thank you for doing the legwork in getting the ROM." and not have any rewards attached to it. You could *probably* coordinate the project with purchasing the carts, but I feel it'd be better to keep them separate and just let people either donate or buy through Uncle Tusk.

As for me, I'm in for the $200 donator's copy. It'll just be too cool not to have. :)

As for what ROM on what cart I'd be interested in, personally... I have no idea right now, haha. I'm torn. :p

Posted on: 2013/1/9 1:45
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/11/23
132 Posts
Quote:

As for what ROM on what cart I'd be interested in, personally... I have no idea right now, haha. I'm torn. :p

If you want to own a physical, genuine copy of the original Faceball prototype, get that one.

If you want to own a better and more finished game, get Faceball: Remastered.

Posted on: 2013/1/9 21:12
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2005/9/17
USA
312 Posts
Long Time User (14 Years)
Quote:

segagamer99 wrote:
Quote:

If you want to own a physical, genuine copy of the original Faceball prototype, get that one.

If you want to own a better and more finished game, get Faceball: Remastered.

Well, yeah... but that's where I'm torn. Obvious solution: pay for both! (and eat ramen for a month!)

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post