Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Faceball release and details
Posted on: 2013/1/7 1:28
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/10/23
Great Britain
385 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (8 Years) Donator
Nice one Eric, really looking forward to this. Hope your wife isn't giving you to much s**t about this. Lol.

As its my birthday tomorrow ill be asking my wife for the extra money to get the donations edition. Hope she doesn't give me to much s**t. Lol.

Thanks again Eric.

Posted on: 2013/1/7 1:39
VB Gamer
Joined 2008/9/19
25 Posts
Long Time User (11 Years)
You are a saint, sir :) Looking forward to the release and I'll do what I feel I can when you have your donation page up.

Posted on: 2013/1/7 6:42
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
905 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
With 2 ROMs for release, will both be on their own physical cart or are you going to combine both the proto and the "remastered" hack onto one cart?

Your plan is to eventually release both the original and remastered versions as downloadable ROMs?

Posted on: 2013/1/7 7:00
Nintendoid!
Joined 2010/8/29
126 Posts
Long Time User (9 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
I'm definitely in for this, as well. Just say the word when the gears are in motion. :)

I love the sudden surge in VB energy!

Posted on: 2013/1/7 8:32
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/6/18
Canada
142 Posts
Contributor10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (7 Years) Donator
Sweet Eric, I'm down for both versions and then some. You're my hero :)

Posted on: 2013/1/7 12:54
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1111 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
Quote:

Lester Knight wrote:
With 2 ROMs for release, will both be on their own physical cart or are you going to combine both the proto and the "remastered" hack onto one cart?

Your plan is to eventually release both the original and remastered versions as downloadable ROMs?

Both ROMs are going to be released for free. I don't see any way to fit both on one card. However, the remastered edition will still include the original levels (+ hopefully 42 new ones). One ROM will come with the 'normal edition' while the other comes with the 'donators edition'. It is not decided yet which version of the ROM comes with which package.

Posted on: 2013/1/7 13:56
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/11/23
132 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (6 Years)
Personally, I feel that if the regular edition is the $200 edition, I won't be able to buy it. 14 stages, no 2 player, and no arena mode can't justify $200, even if it comes with other extras.

Here are my ideas

Plan A: release the regular prototype as the $200, as it is the purest version, no alterations, and owning the actual prototype instead of a rom hack should be the higher priced.

Plan B: Let the buyer pick which cart he wants and which edition, $100 or $200. There are a lot of people that want both roms, so giving people a choice is a very nice option. Especially for those less financially stable to afford the donator's edition, but still want the most complete game possible.

Just my two cents. :)

Posted on: 2013/1/7 14:30
VB Gamer
Joined 2012/12/20
France
19 Posts
Long Time User (6 Years)
I think i will be up for a 200$ edition. But i didn't get all your message (i'm french) so i have some questions :
With the 200$'s edition, we will get the cartridge with Faceball proto, fine. But the rom? Is it gonna be on another cartridge?
And if there will be a different box and artwork for the two editions, I think we should see both boxes before doing our choice.

Posted on: 2013/1/7 18:33
Joined 2013/1/7
2 Posts
Long Time User (6 Years)
I'll be in for one of them, not sure which at the moment.

Posted on: 2013/1/7 19:29
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2011/4/8
Great Britain
417 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years)
I really want the boxed cart but I would much prefer the remastered version over the standard ROM version. I don't care so much for the extras of the 200 version, to the point where I'd rather get a standard boxed version twice - one remastered and one regular ROM version. Just throwing ideas around while this is undecided! :)

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post