Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Fishbone [Release]
Posted on: 2012/12/29 21:33
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1127 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
It's a freaking Christmas miracle. On Dec. 26th I booted up my notebook and found a file called "Fishbone.[Merry.Christmas].vb" on my Desktop. So I went and checked the security tapes. You guys won't believe it: A group of 6 Christmas-Elves showed up in my apartment and finished the game. I was pretty surprised at first but then deleted the file as I thought: "I don't need help of a freaking Christmas-Elf".

The next morning there was a new file called "Fishbone.[Not.cool.Bro].vb". I checked the tapes again an the very same thing had happened. However, this time one of the Elves stared directly into the camera for half an hour after they were done. I thought to myself: "I'm afraid of no freaking Christmas-Elf" so I deleted the file again.

The next morning I found a file called "Fishbone.[Next.time.we.break.your.legs].vb". Obviously I checked the tapes again. After the elves were finished one went over to my couch and took a monster dump directly onto it.

So, I decided to not delete the game this time and release it instead. As the elves reprogrammed the game from the scratch in Python I can't make any changes to the game anymore, so please don't ask for it.

Some cheats of the game:
- You can delete all highscores by pressing the left and right trigger during the Adjustment-Screen
- You can trigger the Credits-Screen early if you press left and right trigger during the Start-Screen
- You can deactivate the collision detection if you press up on both D-Pads during the Start-Screen

About the card release:
I can't tell if the quality is high enough for a card release. However, I think it is as good as the Blox and Soviet Union games which are high quality games in my opinion. However, a card release will only happen if there is an interest. So if you want the game on a card just post it in this thread, this is not a pre-order though. Everything else will be figured out later.

OK, as I said: I can't change the game anymore because of the Elves. Ask the Elves if you want changes. I will remove the Elf-Shit from my couch and play with my WiiU.

Happy New Year Everyone

Attach file:

zip Fishbone.Final.zip Size: 85.37 KB; Hits: 331
Edited by thunderstruck on 2012/12/29 21:48

Re: Fishbone [Release]
Posted on: 2012/12/29 22:23
PVB Elite
Joined 2012/7/9
USA
834 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (7 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
Where's the download for "Fishbone.[Next.time.we.break.your.legs].vb"? All I see is "Fishbone.Final.zip"!
:)

Posted on: 2012/12/29 22:30
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1127 Posts
Quote:

Dreammary wrote:
Where's the download for "Fishbone.[Next.time.we.break.your.legs].vb"? All I see is "Fishbone.Final.zip"!
:)

I zipped the file so that it is smaller.

Posted on: 2012/12/29 22:56
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/10/23
Great Britain
387 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (9 Years) Donator
Wow thanks thunderstruck. I'm glad you changed your mind, sorry I mean the elves helped you change you mind.

Great work mate, now go take that well deserved break.

Posted on: 2012/12/29 23:39
PVB Elite
Joined 2008/12/28
Slovenia
634 Posts
Highscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCoderContributor10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (11 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2010 EntryPVBCC 2013 Entry
I loaded this onto my FlashBoy right away and began playing it. It is awesome! I think it is much better than the SU games. You gave a lot of attention to detail and the result is a high quality game. Ben's graphics are very professional too. Bach's music fits really nicely too, it's much better than just sound effects.

I got to the end of Classic Fish with a score of 150. I love what you did with the credits. I still have to finish the other stages though.

I know you said you're not going to change the game any more, but in case you change your mind and release updates, you should fix the background of Super Fish World (it jumps around a bit). A pause feature would be welcome too, unless it was omitted on purpose. And the score flickers when it is incremented, but that's not so important.

Posted on: 2012/12/29 23:47
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1127 Posts
Quote:

HorvatM wrote:

I know you said you're not going to change the game any more, but in case you change your mind and release updates, you should fix the background of Super Fish World (it jumps around a bit). A pause feature would be welcome too, unless it was omitted on purpose.

I noticed that too. I'm not sure what causes this. I looks fine on the emulator. The Super Fish World is the most complexest one so I guess the amount of Sprites can't be handled by the VB anymore. It would be a major effort to fix this that's why I don't do it.

There is no pause feature on purpose.

Posted on: 2012/12/30 0:39
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1127 Posts
Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:

I noticed that too. I'm not sure what causes this. I looks fine on the emulator. The Super Fish World is the most complexest one so I guess the amount of Sprites can't be handled by the VB anymore. It would be a major effort to fix this that's why I don't do it.

Bullshit! Here is a fixed version from the Elves. Some of the blocks still flicker but they say that's a feature.

Attach file:

zip Fishbone.Final.1.zip Size: 83.56 KB; Hits: 199

Posted on: 2012/12/30 13:23
Administrator
Joined 2000/1/8
Germany
2519 Posts
Highscore Top10Highscore Top ScoreCoder#1 PosterHOTY09 1stLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder90+ Game Ratings
Hey, I am grumpy fish!

I am glad the elves showed up, and they had a great idea with adding classic music, too. But did they forget to remove the "demo" label from the title screen?

Posted on: 2012/12/30 13:31
Virtual Freak
Joined 2011/8/20
Germany
83 Posts
CoderLong Time User (8 Years) 50+ Game Ratings
It's good to hear that the game is finish.
Awesome work thunder.
VB

Posted on: 2012/12/30 13:34
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1127 Posts
Quote:

KR155E wrote:
But did they forget to remove the "demo" label from the title screen?

D’oh, stupid elves. Fixed it for them.

Attach file:

zip Fishbone.Final.2.zip Size: 85.34 KB; Hits: 201

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post