Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Virtual Boy has met it's match!
Posted on: 2012/12/26 1:10
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/10/22
Sweden
343 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (9 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
People say you get dizzy from playing the Virtual Boy? Nonsense, I've played Max Payne 3! I honestly had to quit playing because the constant color shifting, blurring and doublevision makes me dizzy! And very annoyed. Too bad, the gameplay is good.

Re: Virtual Boy has met it's match!
Posted on: 2012/12/26 16:12
Nintendoid!
Joined 2010/10/13
Austria
114 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (9 Years)
Sorry, that“s certainly not true. My girlfriend experienced dizzyness from playing VB every single time, that“s why she never plays it, although she likes the games.

There is some certain connection between people having acrophobia and/or issues with hearing disorder and dizziness reported from 3D content. It is also an issue with scuba diving e.g. - which you be checked before you take courses (medical examination is mandatory in my country).

Equilibrium sense and hearing are connected, thats why you will find a notice on dizzyness with all 3D-related content, as it can be already a medical issue for some people.

Posted on: 2012/12/26 21:28
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/11/19
USA
104 Posts
Long Time User (6 Years)
I haven't played any games that gave me a headache, but I've seen let's plays of Sonic Genesis and that was the only time I got a headache from watching a game. I can't imagine how bad it could be actually trying the game out.

Posted on: 2012/12/27 21:17
VB Gamer
Joined 2012/12/22
USA
22 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (6 Years)
I've never gotten a headache or dizziness from any video game. That would have to be a terrible feeling. It's odd, because I can get car sick very easily if I'm not riding in the front, which didn't start happening until I started driving...

Posted on: 2012/12/27 22:11
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/11/23
132 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (6 Years)
I've never gotten a headache from the Virtual Boy. Actually, I do, but it's the pressure of the unit resting on my face. :)

Actually, I get used to 3D to the point where I don't see it as much. The 3DS gave me little headaches, but now 3D does nothing for me.

Virtual Boy is a great system, too bad it never caught on. My only regret is that Wario Land had too much King Dragon Wario and need 6 more stages. :)

Posted on: 2012/12/27 23:02
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/10/22
Sweden
343 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (9 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
The point of this was really just to complain about Max Payne 3...

Posted on: 2012/12/28 13:51
Nintendoid!
Joined 2010/10/13
Austria
114 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (9 Years)
Quote:

Protoman85 schrieb:
The point of this was really just to complain about Max Payne 3...

No worries...I was referring to the dizzyness...which was reported back then on the VB.

Posted on: 2013/1/19 4:18
VB Gamer
Joined 2012/7/2
31 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years)
Max Payne 3 is a waste of time. Style over content... No good... I want to say more and try and be intelligent but its just not much good.

As for VB: When I first started using my VB properly I experienced these headaches that people talk about... Two things I noticed over time:

The first is that you have to the VB dials set perfectly, which is obvious. The second is that, for me personally, I had to get used to the 3D effect. Prior to using the VB I could not 'see' 3D properly in any form. My eyes would just see blurred pictures or nothing at all, even with the right glasses etcetcetc.

Once I started getting used to the 3D effect by playing VB more and more I found that its much easier on my eyes and no headaches. This gave me the incentive to get a 3DS as the main reason to get one is obviously the 3D... *shrugs*

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post