Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Fish Bones
Posted on: 2012/11/4 15:12
Joined 2011/7/3
USA
0 Posts
CoderContributorLong Time User (9 Years) App Coder40+ Game Ratings
I must of played FB on the emulator for 45 min. Nice work Thunder and V-Ben. It's great to know that an artist can have an idea and a programmer is willing to flesh it out into a playable game. Kudos to you both.

Posted on: 2012/11/4 15:28

Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
-1 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (9 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
Quote:

morintari wrote:
I must of played FB on the emulator for 45 min. Nice work Thunder and V-Ben. It's great to know that an artist can have an idea and a programmer is willing to flesh it out into a playable game. Kudos to you both.

It is even better on Hardware :)

Posted on: 2012/11/4 15:39
Administrator
Joined 2000/1/8
Germany
2544 Posts
Highscore Top10Highscore Top ScoreCoder#1 PosterHOTY09 1stLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder90+ Game Ratings
Just tried the demo on hardware, and it runs perfectly. Good work!

The stage select screen has a little bug, which causes the music to play as soon and as long as I press the left or right button, but the stage items won't move until I release the button.

I would change three things to make the menu look and feel even more awesome:

- Speed it up a lot
- Make all the menu items start moving at the same time
- Scale the items down in size once they are moved to the background

The latter would not be trivial, though, as it would require Affine transformations, which I personally never got to work properly.

Posted on: 2012/11/4 15:45
Administrator
Joined 2000/1/8
Germany
2544 Posts
Highscore Top10Highscore Top ScoreCoder#1 PosterHOTY09 1stLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder90+ Game Ratings
One more thing I noticed: In the Classic Phish level, the far background and the player/enemies scroll at the same speed, while the ground scrolls much faster. It would probably look much better if the ground and player/enemies scrolled at the same speed, and the background at a much slower speed.

Posted on: 2012/11/4 15:47

Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
-1 Posts
Quote:

- Speed it up a lot
- Make all the menu items start moving at the same time
- Scale the items down in size once they are moved to the background

Thanks for the feedback. I already though about speeding it up because it feels to slow. Shouldn't be to complex. The items can't start at the same time as the items change the layer. If they start at the same time there is not enough space to do the switching which makes it look wrong. Scaling would be cool. I had the affine stuff working once but it is not part of the engine and thereby will not make it to Fishbone.

Posted on: 2012/11/4 15:48

Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
-1 Posts
Quote:

KR155E wrote:
One more thing I noticed: In the Classic Phish level, the far background and the player/enemies scroll at the same speed, while the ground scrolls much faster. It would probably look much better if the ground and player/enemies scrolled at the same speed, and the background at a much slower speed.

I know. That's why I said I will change that as soon as I build real levels.

Posted on: 2012/11/4 16:13

Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
-1 Posts
Quote:

KR155E wrote:
The stage select screen has a little bug, which causes the music to play as soon and as long as I press the left or right button, but the stage items won't move until I release the button.

Fixed, thanks.

Posted on: 2012/11/4 18:24

Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
-1 Posts
OK, here is a new version of the demo with the recent Bug fixed (hopefully).

The level-menu is faster now. However, I'm not a 100% happy with the result.

I also added level 3. However, it is a copy of level 1 with different back- and foregrounds. The final version will have a different set of enemies in this level.

I'm pretty much done for now, except for the credit screen and some other stuff. As soon as Ben is done with the Sprites for the last 2 levels I will continue and produce a new demo.

Attach file:

zip fishbone_demo.v0.2.zip Size: 44.30 KB; Hits: 153

Posted on: 2012/11/4 19:07

Joined 2011/8/20
Germany
-1 Posts
CoderLong Time User (8 Years) 50+ Game Ratings
Once again awesome work thunder.
I don't want to critizice your work but the new added level looks wierd. here is a picture how it should look . i added a pic for the level selection screen too because it looks pretty pixeladed. but over al it is sure awesome.
VB

Attach file:

bmp  new (2).bmp (5.68 KB)
2029_5096bcde3920f.bmp 270X184 px

Posted on: 2012/11/4 19:30

Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
-1 Posts
I wasn't sure how to place the sprites. It somehow loooked strange with the mountains on top of the fence. I placed the fence in front of the player to have a more challenging level. I can easily change that though. however, i like it better with fence infront of the player.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post