You are not logged in.
Lost Password?


Register To Post



 Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

#11
Re: Faceball?
Posted on: 2011/12/7 14:44
PVB Elite
Joined 2008/11/10
Great Britain
507 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (10 Years)
Quote:

jojobean wrote:
...i never stated that i had access to it. i was speaking generally, as in the fact that it's not a good game but it's cool (for aynone) to have access to.


thats a shame, it kinda seemed like you hinted there saying its cool to have access to it, pity it was just a typo, could have been some bucks in it for you, still if you know 'who' you could try and persuade them we just want to play the game.
Any 'new' not played before game for VB, however crappy it may seem, holds a lot of interest for gamers and collectors.
Top

#12
Re: Faceball?
Posted on: 2011/12/8 16:13
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2291 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

jojobean wrote:
^this. vb faceball isn't that great of a game. its just cool to have access to it.

...i never stated that i had access to it. i was speaking generally, as in the fact that it's not a good game but it's cool (for aynone) to have access to.


I would definitely agree that jojobean's original statement only gives the impression that he has the game. The key words being "this" - which would indicate that the game is very close to him, as opposed to "that" or no such descriptor, which would indicate it not being so close to him - "isn't" - which indicates that he has the ability to form a solid opinion on the game based on experience, as opposed to "probably isn't" or something similar - and "it's" - which again strongly shows that he knows from experience that having access to the game is cool, as opposed to "it would just be cool..." or something similar.

Thus, if jojobean didn't have the game, a proper sentence could have read: "VB Faceball probably isn't that great of a game, but it would just be cool to have access to it." It's also interesting to note the unnamed prototypes that jojobean says he has in his collection, which would again lead some to conclude, especially after the above statement, that the Faceball prototype is part of his collection. I also find it interesting that in his reply, he never firmly states that he doesn't have access to it, which again causes some suspicion.

All in all, such info could, indeed, cause a lot of e-mails to come jojobean's way about his possible access to the Faceball prototype, unless he firmly clarifies the situation. ;-)

By the way, I actually don't care too much to play the Faceball prototype either, I'm just sort of playing around with this for a little fun. After all, the Faceball prototype doesn't even contain a finished game, right?
Top

#13
Re: Faceball?
Posted on: 2011/12/8 20:49
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2009/8/2
USA
256 Posts
Contributor10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (10 Years)
Quote:

Benjamin Stevens wrote:
Quote:

jojobean wrote:
^this. vb faceball isn't that great of a game. its just cool to have access to it.

...i never stated that i had access to it. i was speaking generally, as in the fact that it's not a good game but it's cool (for aynone) to have access to.


I would definitely agree that jojobean's original statement only gives the impression that he has the game. The key words being "this" - which would indicate that the game is very close to him, as opposed to "that" or no such descriptor, which would indicate it not being so close to him - "isn't" - which indicates that he has the ability to form a solid opinion on the game based on experience, as opposed to "probably isn't" or something similar - and "it's" - which again strongly shows that he knows from experience that having access to the game is cool, as opposed to "it would just be cool..." or something similar.

Thus, if jojobean didn't have the game, a proper sentence could have read: "VB Faceball probably isn't that great of a game, but it would just be cool to have access to it." It's also interesting to note the unnamed prototypes that jojobean says he has in his collection, which would again lead some to conclude, especially after the above statement, that the Faceball prototype is part of his collection. I also find it interesting that in his reply, he never firmly states that he doesn't have access to it, which again causes some suspicion.

All in all, such info could, indeed, cause a lot of e-mails to come jojobean's way about his possible access to the Faceball prototype, unless he firmly clarifies the situation. ;-)

By the way, I actually don't care too much to play the Faceball prototype either, I'm just sort of playing around with this for a little fun. After all, the Faceball prototype doesn't even contain a finished game, right?


According to the review in Retrogames, Faceball was complete and had 56 levels. It seems that everyone wants to play the game more for curiousity than actual gameplay, since it was already relesed on many other platforms. With this one, there just isn't that wonder that there is with other unrelesed VB games. The other versions of Faceball arn't bad, they just get kinda boring. So I don't get why jojobean is saying it was a bad game.

Jojobean definately gives the impression that he has the game and many others from his post and collection description, like you said. Maybe he does, who knows. Hopefully if he does, he will come out with it. So maybe a fundraiser or something could take place.
Top

#14
Re: Faceball?
Posted on: 2011/12/9 14:21
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2291 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Yeah... I'm aware that the reviewer of Retrogames stated that the game seemed to be completed, but I don't know if I regard his opinion as authoritative. To me, a "finished" game would mean that those at Bullet-Proof Software were satisfied with what they had accomplished and were ready to release the game as is, without there being any time restraints that were forcing them to release the game before it met their intentions. Based on what I've read about the current Faceball prototype, it doesn't seem to me that it was "finished" in the eyes of those at Bullet-Proof Software. I'm sure that if they had more time and were actually planning to release it to market, there would have been more added and it would be more polished.

That being explained, I do believe that Dragon Hopper is a completely finished game. From what I've read, it seems that the makers of it were truly satisfied and finished with their product, it's just that the product never got to be released. That's what makes Dragon Hopper so special.

Heck... I actually don't regard Virtual Lab as a "finished" game. Though it was officially released, there are many signs in it which indicate that the makers were truly rushed to get it to market and didn't get the game completed as they originally intended.
Top

#15
Re: Faceball?
Posted on: 2011/12/9 20:36
VB Gamer
Joined 2011/3/20
15 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (8 Years)
Quote:

VBmills wrote:
I dont think it really matters what game it is, it would just be nice if we could get hold of copys of these games. i just dont see the point of holding onto them in a secret world, share the wealth!


This. If I had the means to be a hardcore prototype collector, I would absolutely share the wealth with the community. What the heck is the point of paying thousands of dollars for these things if they're just going to collect dust, while dozens of hardcore fans clamor for the chance to play the thing? It's ridiculous.
Top

#16
Re: Faceball?
Posted on: 2011/12/15 9:09
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/7/20
USA
479 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (9 Years) Donator
Quote:

Benjamin Stevens wrote:
Heck... I actually don't regard Virtual Lab as a "finished" game. Though it was officially released, there are many signs in it which indicate that the makers were truly rushed to get it to market and didn't get the game completed as they originally intended.


Or maybe Virtual Lab is the "shovelware" game of the VB world, like they just put together a shoddy made game to get quick money off of a new-ish system

I also have suspicion that jojobean may have Faceball (they never said they DIDN'T have access to it, they just said that they didn't say they did have access to it)
Top

#17
Re: Faceball?
Posted on: 2011/12/15 12:35
PVB Elite
Joined 2008/11/10
Great Britain
507 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (10 Years)
Quote:

gunpeiyokoifan wrote:
I also have suspicion that jojobean may have Faceball (they never said they DIDN'T have access to it, they just said that they didn't say they did have access to it)


I think if he did someone would have been contacted by email by now with some kind of deal.

I have info that it was tried to be got by raising funds from Bound High roms (before all the recent bound high lovelyness) but I guess that either failed or the person running the fundraising did get lucky but then didn't share the wealth. Last bit is speculation and just made up by my suspicious mind, but i think its a bit fruitless trying it again, I am happy to be proved wrong and will gladly help out if anything solid comes out of this.
Top

 Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic


Register To Post