Nicht eingeloggt.
Passwort vergessen?

Bitte erst registrieren. Danach ist es möglich Beiträge zu schreiben.

Nach unten   Vorheriges Thema   Nächstes Thema

FlashBoy SRAM FAQ
Geschrieben am: 09.10.2011 20:37
VUE(xpert)
Dabei seit 08.04.2011
Großbritannien
417 Beiträge
Long Time User (8 Years)
Hi,

I turned WarioLand on this morning only to find my save game totally gone.

Is this a FlashBoy issue or a WarioLand issue? I swapped carts the other day but that shouldn't have done anything.

The only other thing I did was turn WarioLand off at the first boss when I died - but that should have kept the SRAM data, right? When I turned it I just had a blank save...

I'd like to see if anyone can shed light before I go through those levels again :(

Re: FlashBoy SRAM FAQ
Geschrieben am: 09.10.2011 21:11
VB Gamer
Dabei seit 19.04.2011
Schweden
14 Beiträge
Long Time User (8 Years)
Hi !

I have the same problem with Wario land on my Flashboy too............

Geschrieben am: 09.10.2011 22:13
VUE(xpert)
Dabei seit 08.04.2011
Großbritannien
417 Beiträge
Long Time User (8 Years)
I have a copy of WarioLand on the way, probably the best way around it, but I was interested in the technical aspect as well - if Richard or Chris know what might cause this bug, or if anyone else is familiar with it.

Geschrieben am: 11.10.2011 9:03
PVB Elite
Dabei seit 10.11.2008
Großbritannien
507 Beiträge
ContributorLong Time User (10 Years)
Zitat:

L___E___T wrote:
Hi,

I turned WarioLand on this morning only to find my save game totally gone.

Is this a FlashBoy issue or a WarioLand issue?

I'm no expert but sounds like you need the flashboy plus, with battery save function, the original flashboy is just that a flash cart, turn it off and it clears save data.

Geschrieben am: 11.10.2011 9:59
VUE(xpert)
Dabei seit 08.04.2011
Großbritannien
417 Beiträge
Long Time User (8 Years)
Oh, I should have clarified I have a Flashboy plus - Minestorm said it's likely a dodgy contact so I need to buff that battery a little in case it was disconnecting etc.

Geschrieben am: 11.10.2011 10:45
PVB Elite
Dabei seit 10.11.2008
Großbritannien
507 Beiträge
ContributorLong Time User (10 Years)
Zitat:

L___E___T wrote:
Oh, I should have clarified I have a Flashboy plus - Minestorm said it's likely a dodgy contact so I need to buff that battery a little in case it was disconnecting etc.

Hope you can sort it with a bit of buffing, Wario is top game, I had alot of enjoyment playing that one.

Geschrieben am: 01.01.2013 20:45
VB Gamer
Dabei seit 02.07.2012
31 Beiträge
Long Time User (7 Years)
I note that VUE Snake has High Score save functionality but it does not save my scores when I switched off the VB after flashing. Do I just flash the game in the usual way or do I need to do something extra?

Many thanks!

Geschrieben am: 01.01.2013 20:57
Administrator
Dabei seit 08.01.2000
Deutschland
2515 Beiträge
Highscore Top10Highscore Top ScoreCoder#1 PosterHOTY09 1stLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder90+ Game Ratings
Zitat:

gamesbloke wrote:
I note that VUE Snake has High Score save functionality but it does not save my scores when I switched off the VB after flashing. Do I just flash the game in the usual way or do I need to do something extra?

Many thanks!

It's a flawed save routine in the game itself. It works on the emulators, but not on hardware. Version 1.2 will fix that. :-)

Geschrieben am: 20.07.2013 22:57
VB Gamer
Dabei seit 02.07.2012
31 Beiträge
Long Time User (7 Years)
Apologies for resurrecting an old topic but cannot really find the answer to this...

So I have my Flashboy+ but no matter what game I use it will not retain the save. Battery seems ok(Have used my 'gamebit' to take a peek) Not very confident about getting 'technical' with the device but if I need to replace the battery then I would be grateful for a 'noobs' guide please.

Am I doing something wrong in the flashing?? Just do not get it as it seems like its all there..... *shrugs*

Appreciate all your guidance and advice. Many kind thanks!

Geschrieben am: 13.08.2013 20:04
VUE(xpert)
Dabei seit 17.09.2005
USA
312 Beiträge
Long Time User (14 Years)
It could be a problem with connections on the board. You should PM minestorm -- he'll repair it for you.

Nach oben   Vorheriges Thema   Nächstes Thema

Bitte erst registrieren. Danach ist es möglich Beiträge zu schreiben.