Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Playing Virtual Boy a lot
Posted on: 2011/9/1 14:00
VB Gamer
Joined 2011/8/27
20 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years)
How do yo feel when you play Virtual Boy for quite a while?
Do your eyes hurt? Do you have headaches or motion sickness?

Re: Playing Virtual Boy a lot
Posted on: 2011/9/1 14:12
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2293 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
The first couple of times that I played the Virtual Boy, it sort of hurt my eyes a little. After that, I became accustomed to it very quickly, and I can literally play it for 6 hours straight now, taking a 5-minute break here and there, and sense nothing other than the typical eyes needing to adjust to the light after looking out from the Virtual Boy, which usually happens anytime one leaves a dark place that one has been in for a while and enters a light one.

Absolutely no headaches or nausea or anything else that is purported about the Virtual Boy.

Posted on: 2011/9/1 16:34
PVB Elite
Joined 2008/12/28
Slovenia
631 Posts
Highscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCoderContributor10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (10 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2010 EntryPVBCC 2013 Entry
I got a headache the first time I played it, though I wasn't completely healthy then. Now I don't experience any issues, but I still use automatic pauses and take breaks just to be on the safe side.

Posted on: 2011/9/1 16:36
VB Gamer
Joined 2011/8/27
20 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years)
Thank you, I' ll buy a VB soon!

Posted on: 2011/9/1 16:44
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2011/7/3
USA
437 Posts
CoderContributorLong Time User (8 Years) App Coder40+ Game Ratings
Never a head ache or any nausea, but I did burst an eye vessel beating Vertical Force once.

Posted on: 2011/9/2 0:54
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2011/4/8
Great Britain
417 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years)
I played mine for the first time ever this evening and I must admit it felt very odd, but I don't have a headache. To be honest, 3DS gives me more of a headache I suspect.

Posted on: 2011/9/3 0:40
VB Gamer
Joined 2011/8/27
20 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years)
Hahaha! The 3d effect of 3ds sucks so hard, I barely can see something popping out of the screen!

Posted on: 2011/9/5 19:41
VB Gamer
Joined 2007/9/26
30 Posts
Highscore Top ScoreLong Time User (12 Years)
Back when I first started playing Virtual Boy 15 or so years ago, it didn't bother my eyes any more than any other gaming system. When I play now though, my eyes do start to bother me after 20 to 30 minutes, so I actually take the breaks it recommends.

Posted on: 2011/9/6 4:15
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2007/10/27
Sweden
417 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (12 Years) 40+ Game Ratings
Benjamin Steven sums it all up for me

Posted on: 2011/9/7 8:25
PVB Elite
Joined 2003/7/26
USA
1465 Posts
PVBCC EntryCoderContributorSpecial AchievementTop10 PosterHOTY09 EntryLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder20+ Game RatingsPVBCC 2013 Entry
Quote:

Costas wrote:
Hahaha! The 3d effect of 3ds sucks so hard, I barely can see something popping out of the screen!

Apparently, you fail to realize that A) it's harder to get something to "pop out" of a stereoscopic display than it is to make things seem far away, and that B) Nintendo (and its licensees) are intentionally focusing on making deep games, rather than the gimmicky, hackneyed "stuff flying at your face" junk Hollywood has always (ab)used 3-D for. (Sorry, I don't have a source for "B", but I know I read it somewhere... probably in one of the "Iwata Asks" interviews).

However, if you do realize both of those things, and are still not happy with your 3DS, I'll be happy to take it off your hands for you. I'll even pay for shipping

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post