Jack Bros American US Version just listed on eBay
Posted on: 2011/3/6 19:15
Joined 2011/3/6
3 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years)
I just recently listed one today (3/6/2011) on ebay:

Jack Bros Virtual Boy American US Version RARE game

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190509359363

I know this is super rare so I thought you all might be interested.

Thanks

Re: Jack Bros American US Version just listed on eBay
Posted on: 2011/3/7 2:14
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2006/9/29
USA
267 Posts
CoderLong Time User (13 Years) PVBCC 2010 3rd
Hey, looks like we have a new user!

Thanks for the heads-up, but we already have a thread for noteworthy auctions. Appropriately, it's called "THE NOTEWORTHY AUCTION THREADô". That's probably the best place to post this kind of thing.

Posted on: 2011/3/7 17:34
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2008/11/4
Netherlands
395 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (11 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
biddings already 152.50$ thats crazy for only the cardridge

Posted on: 2011/3/11 7:55
Virtual Freak
Joined 2011/3/11
77 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years)
Quote:

mawa wrote:
biddings already 152.50$ thats crazy for only the cardridge

No it is not, That same person posted this on Nintendo Age. He is bidding up his own auction.

Posted on: 2011/5/10 15:13
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2293 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
There is actually another US version of Jack Bros. that was recently posted on Ebay. As of now, at 9:07 AM Eastern Time in the USA on 5/10/11, the highest bid is $53.00.

Speaking of which, I read something recently that caught my attention, and I'm hoping that someone with a better Virtual Boy collection can verify this.

I heard that for each video game for the Virtual Boy where there is both an English version and Japanese version, the game itself is entirely the same game, regardless of whether you buy the English or the Japanese version; only the boxes and the instruction manuals for each game are different. The only exception to this rule is for Virtual Baseball, where I guess the Japanese version of the game is different than the English version.

Does this mean that if one buys the Japanese Version of Jack Bros., one will get the exact same game as the English version, meaning all of the text in the game itself will be the exact same English text as in the English version? If this is so, then this needs to be made known to people who want Jack Bros. but who are afraid to buy the Japanese version, in fear that they won't be able to understand the game. The Japanese version is much easier to find on Ebay and certainly much cheaper, and unless one is a collector, I'm sure that one would be fine with simply getting the Japanese version which is all in English and just reading the free Jack Bros. instruction manual that is posted on this website if one needs to.

If someone has the Japanese version of Jack Bros. and can either verify that what I say is correct or refute it, please do so. I think it would be very beneficial to many who are new to the Virtual Boy scene.

Posted on: 2011/5/10 19:38
VB Gamer
Joined 2011/5/9
France
21 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (8 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
Look this for the complete game:

http://cgi.ebay.fr/Virtual-Boy-Jack-Bros-US-CIB-Complete-Brothers-RARE-/250817302525?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3a65e04ffd

Posted on: 2011/5/10 21:59
VB Gamer
Joined 2011/3/30
21 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (8 Years)
I can verify that the Japanese version of Jack Bros. is in Japanese. There is tutorial text throughout the game that isn't in English.

Posted on: 2011/5/10 22:29
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
2293 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (8 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Well, in that case, I'm glad I snagged an English version of the game when I did. I was upset when I saw written information from a Virtual Boy collector, which revealed what I wrote about the English and Japanese versions above. I definitely would have payed for a cheaper "Japanese" version if the whole game was nevertheless in English. But it looks like the Virtual Boy collector whom I read was mistaken in his remark, so I'm glad I didn't follow it. Thanks for the clarification, KoNeko! :-)

Posted on: 2011/5/10 23:40
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/2/14
USA
333 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (9 Years)
The japanese version of Golf is also in japanese...

Posted on: 2011/5/12 1:08
PVB Elite
Joined 2010/2/19
USA
559 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (9 Years) Top Donator: 2nd20+ Game Ratings
Quote:

Benjamin Stevens wrote:
I heard that for each video game for the Virtual Boy where there is both an English version and Japanese version, the game itself is entirely the same game, regardless of whether you buy the English or the Japanese version; only the boxes and the instruction manuals for each game are different. The only exception to this rule is for Virtual Baseball, where I guess the Japanese version of the game is different than the English version.

Sounds like you're thinking about Neo-Geo

I believe the Launch titles on VB are dual language, but generally most of the VB line-up is not bi-lingual.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post