Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: 3DS Pre-orders available now!
Posted on: 2011/1/23 4:34
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2009/8/2
USA
256 Posts
Contributor10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (10 Years)
Quote:

VirtualJockey wrote:
Quote:

VBrulez wrote:

I bet if the 3DS fails (Which hopefully won't happen) they will then make references in unreleated articles, and critise the system for no reason at all like they do with the VB. Eventhough now they are talking about the 3DS like it's the best thing on earth.

Déjà vu, eh? I'll bet my pennies that a few reviewers dislike it because of supposed "headaches".

Yeah I think some reviewers will. Cool this is my 100th post now im a Nintendoid .

Posted on: 2011/1/25 5:29
PVB Elite
Joined 2010/2/19
USA
559 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (10 Years) Top Donator: 2nd20+ Game Ratings
So where are you guys preordering your 3DS from?

I live in a shitty small town with only a Wal-Mart and a new GameStop. If I preordered online from someplace like Amazon do they ship in advance so the package arrives on the street date?

When I worked at Gamestop, the original DS came in about 2 weeks early. A buddy and myself took our consoles home early, and sealed our GBAs in the boxes so the boss wouldn't really notice weight wize. We were both working launch morning, so we were able to buy our DS Box/GBAs back before the store opened without a hitch.

Posted on: 2011/1/26 18:10
Nintendoid!
Joined 2010/8/29
130 Posts
Long Time User (9 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
I preordered from Amazon, rather than a local brick-and-mortar place. My experience preordering the Wii from Gamestop was, shall we say, less than stellar, so I'm just eliminating the hassle altogether.

I was surprised, though, to see no release-day delivery shipping option. Most gaming-related preorders on Amazon typically have it. The best I could choose was 1-day shipping.

On the other hand, when I've preordered certain things from Amazon in the past, it's shown up on release day regardless of what shipping option I used (including "super saver").

Yes, it's a bit of a gamble if you're dead-set on getting it on day 1, but for me, it's outweighed by the peace of mind that you're going to get one delivered to your doorstep at some point.

As a side note, I only preordered the hardware. I'm betting games will probably be pretty easy to come across, and very few of them have solidrelease dates yet, anyway.

Posted on: 2011/1/28 3:12
PVB Elite
Joined 2010/2/19
USA
559 Posts
Quote:

gunpeiyokoifan wrote:
new color play mode

Open in new window

One can dream. :(

Posted on: 2011/1/28 21:36
VB Gamer
Joined 2011/1/8
32 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (9 Years)
Ooooh! >D That would be cool! :D

But I still appreciate the redness of the Virtual Boy. Connect it to an Apple IIe and see how that works. 8D

Posted on: 2011/3/5 18:28
PVB Elite
Joined 2010/2/19
USA
559 Posts
Quote:

VBrulez wrote:
Quote:

VirtualJockey wrote:
Quote:

VBrulez wrote:

I bet if the 3DS fails (Which hopefully won't happen) they will then make references in unreleated articles, and critise the system for no reason at all like they do with the VB. Eventhough now they are talking about the 3DS like it's the best thing on earth.

Déjà vu, eh? I'll bet my pennies that a few reviewers dislike it because of supposed "headaches".

Yeah I think some reviewers will. Cool this is my 100th post now im a Nintendoid .

And so it begins:
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/03/why- ... ed-playing-the-3ds-in-3d/

Posted on: 2011/3/5 21:38
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/7/20
USA
479 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (9 Years) Donator
Media drama!

that must mean the 3DS is awesome but the journalists can't handle it, like the Virtual Boy

Posted on: 2011/3/6 16:32
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/2/15
Netherlands
250 Posts
Long Time User (10 Years)
Quote:

VirtualJockey wrote:
Quote:

gunpeiyokoifan wrote:

that would be so cool if they did that (or at least a Red & Black 3DS (not the screen color but the color its painted) bundled with a cartridge full of Virtual Boy remakes! (which could have red/black play mode and new color play mode))

Yeah, Virtual Boy Wario Land in color on the 3DS would be awesome.

Yes, yes, YES. THIS. Perhaps an enhanced version, but I wouldn't mind at all if they brought just the original game to 3DSWare!

Posted on: 2011/3/6 17:03
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/2/14
USA
333 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (10 Years)
Listen to this crap:

"and I haven’t gotten sick to my stomach from playing the 3DS"

Um yeah, THAT'S BECAUSE 3D CAN'T/DOESN'T MAKE YOU SICK TO YOUR STOMACH. For that guy to even write that, he is saying that people out there actually believe 3D can make you sick to your stomach, and that he's just one of the "lucky people" who didn't. What is wrong with people, seriously. This guy clearly went into his purchase hating 3D technology and there's no way the 3DS would have been able to convince him otherwise.

Posted on: 2011/3/8 0:14
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2006/9/29
USA
267 Posts
CoderLong Time User (13 Years) PVBCC 2010 3rd
If multiple media sources are doing this, then I'd say the 3DS is having the same problem the VB did, but to a lesser extent. The difference between the two is that the 3DS is capable of games without 3D, and is essentially a more powerful DS, so it will still sell. I don't understand how people see touch and motion controls (which I kind of hate) as "revolutionary", where 3D is relegated to a pesky gimmick. Wii bowling has probably hurt me more than VB ever did.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post