Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Help! - Virtual Boy AC Adapter!
Posted on: 2010/8/12 12:38
Virtual Freak
Joined 2008/10/14
91 Posts
Long Time User (11 Years)
Hi everyone! Havent posted on this thread in a long time, but it's the bomb when it comes to Virtual Boy stuff :)

I got a Virtual Boy Power Pack, which slides onto the VB controller, now its a US Virtual Boy... and i think the AC Power Pack thingy is Japan...

Now i dont know what AC adapter i plug into the tap, sick of using batteries and do not want to fry my VB with the wrong voltage

I live in Australia so having a NTSC Virtual Boy, and i assume a Jap AC Tap... and only PAL related AC adapters (super nintendo ac adapters etc)

What should i do? I heard the Super Nintendo/Nintendo ones work, but i tried my super nintendo one and had no luck, it didnt power on - maybe the VB ac adapter Tap isnt getting a good enough connection on the controller??

Any help would be magnificent - thank you!

:)

Mat

Re: Help! - Virtual Boy AC Adapter!
Posted on: 2010/8/12 13:53
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/7/20
USA
479 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (9 Years) Donator
Well, I know US Super Nintendo plugs work with the Virtual Boy tap, but I think using a PAL Super Nintendo plug may fry it

Re: Help! - Virtual Boy AC Adapter!
Posted on: 2010/8/12 14:11
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2003/9/3
Sweden
442 Posts
PVBCC EntryHighscore Top10 3rdCoderContributorHOTY09 2ndLong Time User (15 Years) DonatorApp CoderPVBCC 2010 1st20+ Game RatingsPVBCC 2013 2nd
It won't fry it since they (snes adapters) always output 9V no matter what input they are designed for.

But I think US snes adapters uses a proprietary plug, so a PAL adapter won't even fit?

Anyways, any adapter that fits and says 9V on it will work (as long as the polarity is correct ofcourse)

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post