Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Internet Explorer issues (IE8) and can't change my email in profile
Posted on: 2010/8/7 15:45
Administrator
Joined 2000/1/8
Germany
2541 Posts
Highscore Top10Highscore Top ScoreCoder#1 PosterHOTY09 1stLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder90+ Game Ratings
Oh, right! You can find it under the "Account" tab in the user bar. Or click here: http://www.planetvb.com/modules/profile/changepass.php

Posted on: 2010/8/7 16:57
Virtual Freak
Joined 2010/6/29
USA
53 Posts
Long Time User (10 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
@Vaughanabe13

Exactly. I call it Internet Exploder. For anyone who uses IE, switch to Safari or Firefox. IE has problems.

Posted on: 2010/8/7 18:12
PVB Elite
Joined 2009/12/30
Netherlands
545 Posts
Highscore Top10Highscore Top ScoreContributor10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (10 Years)
Quote:

KR155E wrote:
Oh, right! You can find it under the "Account" tab in the user bar. Or click here: http://www.planetvb.com/modules/profile/changepass.php

Only shows the password, and I want to change email. Might be an IE problem, though I find that unlikely.
Thanks again!

Posted on: 2010/8/7 18:41
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/2/15
Netherlands
250 Posts
Long Time User (10 Years)
Quote:
EDIT:
And don't go saying: FF or Chrome is better! That would not suit a Virtual Boy user, as most new consoles are technically better than VB :P

To be completely honest, IE has become so outdated that calling the other browsers better is now more of a fact than an opinion... It is lacking many, many different standards that should make modern web pages render properly, and web developers keep having to make hacks and workarounds to make their sites work in just that one browser - all others will usually display the page in the same correct way because they all follow the W3 group's web standards.

Besides that, Chrome's got a ton of speed, a ton of stability, and Google puts a lot of effort into making it as secure as possible. Who wouldn't want to switch to something like that? (Okay, maybe people who like having a ton of features, but IE doesn't apply there; Firefox does.)

And no, I'm not trying to start a flame war here. ;)

Posted on: 2010/8/8 9:35
PVB Elite
Joined 2008/12/28
Slovenia
636 Posts
Highscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCoderContributor10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (11 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2010 EntryPVBCC 2013 Entry
In case you're going to switch...

Switch to Opera. I'm not going to list why, but you should give it a try. (BTW, if you're comparing features, Opera has lots of them and is very customizable.)

Posted on: 2010/8/8 13:58
Administrator
Joined 2000/1/8
Germany
2541 Posts
Highscore Top10Highscore Top ScoreCoder#1 PosterHOTY09 1stLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder90+ Game Ratings
Quote:

TheForce81 schrieb:

Only shows the password, and I want to change email. Might be an IE problem, though I find that unlikely.
Thanks again!

Oh, sorry! For some reason I read "password". That happens when I reply using only one half of my brain. ;)

Anyway, changing the email address is not working, so it's deactivated. PM me your new address or post it here and I'll change it for you.

Posted on: 2010/8/8 21:19
PVB Elite
Joined 2009/12/30
Netherlands
545 Posts
Highscore Top10Highscore Top ScoreContributor10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (10 Years)
Well, send the PM to you, thanks!
And you guys did give me reason to check out other browsers, so I am testing out Chrome now. Seems like a nice browser for now!

Posted on: 2010/8/8 21:56
Virtual Freak
Joined 2010/5/7
Netherlands
74 Posts
Long Time User (10 Years)
Quote:

HorvatM wrote:
In case you're going to switch...

Switch to Opera. I'm not going to list why, but you should give it a try. (BTW, if you're comparing features, Opera has lots of them and is very customizable.)

I'd say, go with that advice.

Posted on: 2010/8/8 22:10
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/2/14
USA
333 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (10 Years)
I've tried Opera and I just can't get into it on the PC. It's a great alternative to the weak web browser on the iPod/Phone though.

Posted on: 2010/8/9 12:32
Administrator
Joined 2000/1/8
Germany
2541 Posts
I just had a quick look at the IE8 issues - with a surprising outcome!

It seems that IE got a rather big update. I had an extra stylesheet of 174 lines to make the site look OK in IE. I now removed it completely, and the site seems to look fine again!

Since removing all the extra CSS would probably break the site in IE6 and 7, I'll leave it for them.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post