Virtual Boy Reproduction - Interest Check - Hyper Fighting
Posted on: 7/26 0:15
Virtual Freak
Joined 2009/9/14
USA
95 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years)
Hey Everyone!
Incase anyone hasn't seen, I'll be doing some batches of reproductions of some Virtual Boy games. (more can be found here --> http://www.planetvb.com/modules/newbb ... .php?topic_id=6766&forum= ) I'm in works of seeing if I can get ahold of the guy responsible for Hyper Fighting. It's no easy task, and It may just be easier to locate a proto of dragon Hopper :P.

BUT if I do get a hold of him, and I do get his blessing, curious, who would be seriously interested in a physical production of the game? I'm not sure of a price yet, depends on what I find out. But if I get the okay, and the ROM. I plan to release it with a newly designed label (which will help tell my batch from previous ones, plus I like the design I made more :P)

It'll be cart only, but I'll let Uncle Tusk use the artwork for him to create a box and manual for the game to help people get a CIB copy as well as let people who want just cart only to be cart only (In exchange I'll just ask him for a free set for myself :P)

Just getting a feel for demand and a head count. I'll keep you all posted from what I find out

Thanks!
~Johnny

(If this falls through, my first game will end up being Gundam SD English)

Re: Virtual Boy Reproduction - Interest Check - Hyper Fighting
Posted on: 7/26 5:58
VB Gamer
Joined 2012/8/24
USA
41 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)10+ Game Ratings
I'd love to get my hands on just the cart! I just hope it won't be too expensive, any price estimates so far? To be honest, I've never purchased a homebrew game before, so I'm not really sure what to expect.

Posted on: 7/26 6:52
VB Gamer
Joined 2009/5/1
26 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (8 Years)
You can count me in for a cart as well.
Loved playing the demo but it would be nice to finally play the full version.

Posted on: 7/26 10:29
VB Gamer
Joined 7/10
USA
31 Posts
count me in, i need 2 copies. however minestorm already confirmed theyre re-releasing cart-only versions of this, so i seriously doubt theyd give you the rom for repro purposes.

http://www.planetvb.com/modules/newbb ... t_id=37370#forumpost37370

at any rate, i would definitely buy 2 if theyre reasonably priced

Posted on: 7/26 10:32
VB Gamer
Joined 7/10
USA
31 Posts
oh and if u do make other repros, id love jack bros and waterworld, as theyre the only 2 i dont own, cuz theyre just too overpriced.

Posted on: 7/26 14:30
VB Gamer
Joined 2006/11/9
Germany
19 Posts
Long Time User (10 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
If it will be in a quality like the "original" one - i'm interested in one copy. Would be great to get box, instruction etc. from Uncle Tusk as well 😋

Posted on: 7/26 14:34
Virtual Freak
Joined 2009/9/14
USA
95 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years)
Quote:

Seam wrote:
count me in, i need 2 copies. however minestorm already confirmed theyre re-releasing cart-only versions of this, so i seriously doubt theyd give you the rom for repro purposes.

http://www.planetvb.com/modules/newbb ... t_id=37370#forumpost37370

at any rate, i would definitely buy 2 if theyre reasonably priced

Neat! minestorm is the guy who supplied me with the PCBs for this ROM, and I sent him a peek of the new label. Wonder if their is a connection :P

Posted on: 7/26 14:36
Virtual Freak
Joined 2009/9/14
USA
95 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years)
Quote:

Seam wrote:
oh and if u do make other repros, id love jack bros and waterworld, as theyre the only 2 i dont own, cuz theyre just too overpriced.

I will be doing other repro's, but sorry to say, I won't be doing anything thats officially released. Just Homebrews, Translations, and other Rom Hacked versions

Posted on: 7/26 16:13
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2007/7/28
Great Britain
301 Posts
Long Time User (10 Years) App Coder
Quote:
however minestorm already confirmed theyre re-releasing cart-only versions of this

I was referring to Johnny Phantom.

BTW I've seen his new label artwork and it is REALLY nice.

Posted on: 7/26 17:06
PVB Elite
Joined 2013/6/17
Canada
849 Posts
Highscore Top10Top10 Poster10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (4 Years) Patreon Backer
Put me down for a copy as well.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post