You are not logged in.
Lost Password?

Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Crowdfunding for a rail shooter (similar to STAR FOX)
Posted on: 11/11 3:46
VB Gamer
Joined 7/10
USA
45 Posts
Quote:

madmax wrote:
I would like to support a new VB game. However you should relaese a working prototype first. And furthermore please use Kickstarter. Collecting money in a forum isn't very trustworthy imo. With Kickstarter you may reach a larger audience as well.

Yea I agree

Posted on: 11/11 4:15
VB Gamer
Joined 6/24
USA
32 Posts
I believe asking to provide a working prototype prior to funding is missing the entire point of the funding. The ask is to provide funding to allow the developer the time to properly put forth to create the product without having to make too much of a financial sacrifice to their own livelihood. I would be very skeptical myself except for the vast amount of work and releases that M.K. has already produced without any funding and has provided to the community out of free will.

Have you seen:

http://www.planetvb.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=434

Or acknowledged that M.K. decoded Mario's Tennis to allow multiplayer and provided the patch to the community for all to enjoy? These are only examples from the past couple months. I am relatively new to this community but can see the hard work and time that was put in.

Posted on: 11/11 5:09
Joined 10/12
5 Posts
Fair point, MK's work is phenomenal.

Posted on: 11/11 7:51
VB Gamer
Joined 11/8
13 Posts
I'm interested :D

Posted on: 11/11 10:25
VB Gamer
Joined 7/10
USA
45 Posts
Quote:

tydyedsyko wrote:
I believe asking to provide a working prototype prior to funding is missing the entire point of the funding. The ask is to provide funding to allow the developer the time to properly put forth to create the product without having to make too much of a financial sacrifice to their own livelihood. I would be very skeptical myself except for the vast amount of work and releases that M.K. has already produced without any funding and has provided to the community out of free will.

Have you seen:

http://www.planetvb.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=434

Or acknowledged that M.K. decoded Mario's Tennis to allow multiplayer and provided the patch to the community for all to enjoy? These are only examples from the past couple months. I am relatively new to this community but can see the hard work and time that was put in.

Yea you're right, well put. I think people are just excited for any additional info at all. It's very exciting stuff!

Posted on: 11/11 21:43
Joined 2016/8/24
Canada
3 Posts
Long Time User (1 Year)
Would fund for sure!

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post