Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: USB Link cable
Posted on: 9/1 17:36
Virtual Freak
Joined 2016/12/15
USA
72 Posts
Yes that's correct. You have to have a custom cart with the appropriate code. You can't just plug in any old cart and expect to dump or program. That's why I mentioned it would work with a custom cart I have.

Quote:

HorvatM wrote:
DogP has said that both dumping and programming is possible:

http://www.planetvb.com/modules/newbb ... t_id=26052#forumpost26052

Posted on: 9/2 8:05
PVB Elite
Joined 2003/7/25
USA
1504 Posts
PVBCC 1stCoderContributor#3 PosterHOTY09 EntryLong Time User (14 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2010 EntryPVBCC 2013 Entry
Looks really great... I hope you're able to get these things into people's hands. As it sounds like you've found out in the other thread, creating a "run" of them to sell gets very tedious and time consuming vs. just putting a few together for yourself.

I see you're using an Atmel... not that there's anything wrong with them, but if you're not tied to that MCU, a PIC MCU may simplify the hardware a bit. For example, here's the USB MCU board I made: http://www.planetvb.com/modules/newbb ... t_id=34533#forumpost34533 , using a PIC16F1455. It runs directly from 5V, has hardware USB, has an internal oscillator that's good enough for USB, etc. Basically your BOM consists of the MCU and a few caps/resistors. It all easily fit on a single side of the board.

DogP

Posted on: 9/2 17:15
Virtual Freak
Joined 2016/12/15
USA
72 Posts
Thanks for the tips! I've used Atmel, Microchip, Stmicro, nxp, and some others. I'll check out Microchip for review.

Yes the builds are work but don't get me wrong, I enjoy them. I do this stuff for fun. It's more interesting with a 1 year old. I build late at night after kids and wife go to sleep.

Quote:

DogP wrote:
Looks really great... I hope you're able to get these things into people's hands. As it sounds like you've found out in the other thread, creating a "run" of them to sell gets very tedious and time consuming vs. just putting a few together for yourself.

I see you're using an Atmel... not that there's anything wrong with them, but if you're not tied to that MCU, a PIC MCU may simplify the hardware a bit. For example, here's the USB MCU board I made: http://www.planetvb.com/modules/newbb ... t_id=34533#forumpost34533 , using a PIC16F1455. It runs directly from 5V, has hardware USB, has an internal oscillator that's good enough for USB, etc. Basically your BOM consists of the MCU and a few caps/resistors. It all easily fit on a single side of the board.

DogP

Posted on: 9/12 4:43
Virtual Freak
Joined 2016/12/15
USA
72 Posts
USB link cable PCBs have come in and they fit perfectly into the existing connector housings. I'll be building the first few this week.

Attach file:

jpg  USBLinkcable pcbs.jpg (1,341.42 KB)
14261_59b749da4e738.jpg 3295X2077 px

Posted on: 9/13 23:03
VB Gamer
Joined 7/10
USA
29 Posts
very awesome, great work man

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post