You are not logged in.
Lost Password?

Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Carbon Fiber VB Game Cases
Posted on: 10/20 15:51
Joined 10/20
3 Posts
Interesting... I got myself suckered in to a 3D printer project on Kickstarter that looks to be delivering by the end of year if no other hiccups occur. I'm curious to see how well it handles (or doesn't handle) smooth surfaces for something like this. It's admittedly kind of insane to me that the materials alone for that slick blue number are $8, but I'm sure material costs will also start to decrease as the medium becomes more common.

Posted on: 10/20 20:12
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2014/6/4
USA
279 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)10+ Game Ratings
Quote:

MortoffGames wrote:
Levine91 contacted me over at Atari Age to discuss if I could have the cartridge shells re-made. Its something I am pretty familiar with and should be able to accomplish. I will keep you all informed about my progress. Won't be until likely January that they would be done.

Off topic but just wanna say thank you for damn near always having what I need in your online store. I've sent countless people your way and spent even more there lol.

Posted on: 10/22 15:45
Joined 10/15
4 Posts
Quote:

retronintendonerd wrote:
Quote:

MortoffGames wrote:
Levine91 contacted me over at Atari Age to discuss if I could have the cartridge shells re-made. Its something I am pretty familiar with and should be able to accomplish. I will keep you all informed about my progress. Won't be until likely January that they would be done.

Off topic but just wanna say thank you for damn near always having what I need in your online store. I've sent countless people your way and spent even more there lol.

I sincerely appreciate it. Its great people like yourself that makes me love what I do and allows me to get projects like these shells into the market.

Posted on: 10/23 19:46
Joined 9/13
USA
8 Posts
Do the 3D scanners work to scan a cart and and get the proper dimensions?

Posted on: 10/24 11:50
PVB Elite
Joined 2008/11/10
Great Britain
506 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (9 Years)
Sorry bit late in getting to edit my model.

In reading this I saw the screw hole depth being too short and you can see the screw pushing material out in assembly photo, I have made this hole 0.5mm deeper, -rev1 STL model here in case its of use.

BTW these clear ones look good, red would be great.

Attach file:

stl Cart_body_front-rev1.STL Size: 510.04 KB; Hits: 15

Posted on: 10/24 14:47
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2014/6/4
USA
279 Posts
Quote:

MortoffGames wrote:
I sincerely appreciate it. Its great people like yourself that makes me love what I do and allows me to get projects like these shells into the market.

You'll likely be getting more money from me shortly lol. I need to fix up my DMG and Sega CD <3

Posted on: 11/9 1:44
Joined 10/15
4 Posts
Quote:

retronintendonerd wrote:
Quote:

MortoffGames wrote:

You'll likely be getting more money from me shortly lol. I need to fix up my DMG and Sega CD <3

Its much appreciated, makes projects like these possible.

Posted on: 11/14 15:16
Joined 10/15
4 Posts
Unfortunately due to circumstances outside my control this project cannot move forward at this time. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. I wish the community well and hope you are able to find a good source of these.

Posted on: 11/14 19:41
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2014/6/4
USA
279 Posts
Unfortunate to hear. Thank you for offering to help though.

Posted on: 11/15 3:23
Nintendoid!
Joined 2016/12/15
USA
103 Posts
I have an updated FormLabs print coming. And when I asked about red translucent prints they said they have new materials and colors coming in the new year.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post