Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

WTB: VB mainboard/cart connector
Posted on: 7/15 20:37
Administrator
Joined 2000/1/8
Germany
2400 Posts
Highscore Top10Highscore Top ScoreCoder#1 PosterHOTY09 1stLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder90+ Game Ratings
I am looking for a VB mainboard, or a cart connector in particular. Does anyone have a broken VB or even disassembled parts lying around?

Re: WTB: VB mainboard/cart connector
Posted on: 7/15 21:35
Virtual Freak
Joined 2014/5/16
USA
54 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
I have a for parts VB that I bought years ago that was broken. I don't remember what was wrong with it. I needed it for the LEDs and controller connector board. Everything else should be present. How hard is it to remove the part you need?

Posted on: 7/15 22:35
Administrator
Joined 2000/1/8
Germany
2400 Posts
Highscore Top10Highscore Top ScoreCoder#1 PosterHOTY09 1stLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder90+ Game Ratings
Hey, nice. I did not expect a reply so fast. :-)

It seems removing the main board is as simple as opening the VB and disconnecting all cables from the board.

See: https://de.ifixit.com/Teardown/Nintend ... +Boy+Teardown/3540#s16968

The cart connector has to be desoldered, though. I'll happily take the whole main board and desolder myself, if that's too much work.

Posted on: 7/15 23:27
Virtual Freak
Joined 2014/5/16
USA
54 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
I pulled it out and extracted the board and it looks to be in pretty good shape. It's all yours. It will probably be a few days before I can get to the post office though. I'll PM you details.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post