Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Hyper Fighting unlocks
Posted on: 7/14 4:26
PVB Elite
Joined 2012/7/9
USA
556 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)30+ Game Ratings
If a second copy becomes available to me (at a fair price), then I will surely buy it as two player would be wicked!

Posted on: 7/15 21:40
VB Gamer
Joined 2014/5/16
USA
42 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
So I was playing the other day as Ben and it seems like your character is a re-skinned Ryu as far as moves and whatnot. Is that true, or do you have any other non-Ryu special moves? I tried a few things but couldn't get anything to work.

Posted on: 7/16 6:16
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
1916 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (6 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

astro187 wrote:
So I was playing the other day as Ben and it seems like your character is a re-skinned Ryu as far as moves and whatnot. Is that true, or do you have any other non-Ryu special moves? I tried a few things but couldn't get anything to work.

Yeah, my character is essentially a reskinned Ryu.

Posted on: 7/19 2:17
VB Gamer
Joined 2008/8/31
Germany
34 Posts
PVBCC 2ndHighscore Top10 2ndHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCoderLong Time User (8 Years) PVBCC 2013 1st
Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:
Definitely a dog.

You are right, it's definitely a dog, my dog :)
I asked Mr. Anon to add him as an easter egg for ROM hackers.
I know that disassembling and analysing a ROM can be time consuming and quite disappointing if there are no secrets to be found.

@thunderstruck
Congratulations for being the first one who found Lucky! I think you deserve a prize. Send me a PM with your email address and I will send you something cool.

Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:
Btw. I remember that there were more debug menus which I activated through the emulator. I could for example >choose the stage or select the speed on the figther selection screen. I didn't make and screenshots though.
I never figured out if there is a button combination to activate those.

That was probably just the selection screen from the VS mode.

BTW, regarding ROM hacking, I uncovered myself a rather big secret in a commercial VB game. By writing a bit of additional code, I was able to get the hidden content working. Considering that the game makes now much more fun, it's quite strange that this part of the game has been disabled for the final version. I will release a patch in a few days. Till then enjoy the thrill of anticipation ;)

Posted on: 7/19 3:33
VB Gamer
Joined 2014/5/16
USA
42 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
Thanks for chiming in with info for this thread! Glad to get some answers straight from the source. Is there anything left to discover in HF, I wonder? Waiting with bated breath for that patch!

Quote:

M.K. wrote:
Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:
Definitely a dog.

I know that disassembling and analysing a ROM can be time consuming and quite disappointing if there are no secrets to be found.

@thunderstruck
Congratulations for being the first one who found Lucky! I think you deserve a prize. Send me a PM with your email address and I will send you something cool.

Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:
Btw. I remember that there were more debug menus which I activated through the emulator. I could for example >choose the stage or select the speed on the figther selection screen. I didn't make and screenshots though.
I never figured out if there is a button combination to activate those.

That was probably just the selection screen from the VS mode.

BTW, regarding ROM hacking, I uncovered myself a rather big secret in a commercial VB game. By writing a bit of additional code, I was able to get the hidden content working. Considering that the game makes now much more fun, it's quite strange that this part of the game has been disabled for the final version. I will release a patch in a few days. Till then enjoy the thrill of anticipation ;)

Posted on: 7/19 9:00
Administrator
Joined 2000/1/8
Germany
2379 Posts
Highscore Top10Highscore Top ScoreCoder#1 PosterHOTY09 1stLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder90+ Game Ratings
Thanks for clearing that bit up, M.K.! That's a nice easteregg.

Quote:

@thunderstruck

Well deserved!

Quote:

Oh, wow! Can't wait for the patch!
Edited by KR155E on 2017/7/19 9:24
Edited by KR155E on 2017/7/19 9:24

Posted on: 7/20 1:54
PVB Elite
Joined 2012/7/9
USA
556 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)30+ Game Ratings
I wonder what game it is, and now I am excited to find out!

Posted on: 7/20 18:55
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/10/16
180 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
haha, I didn't know I was in the credits. very cool.

Posted on: 7/21 21:38
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1024 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (6 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
Quote:

M.K. wrote:
@thunderstruck

I just wanted to add that I got my price and that I would have never guessed that this is possible. Very cool, thanks allot.

Posted on: 7/22 18:04
VB Gamer
Joined 1/31
Germany
45 Posts
Quote:
MineStorm wrote:
BTW a cart-only version of the full game will soon be released.

Dreammary wrote:
If a second copy becomes available to me (at a fair price), then I will surely buy it as two player would be wicked!

astro187 wrote:
Right now Hyper Fighting is probably my most valuable game.

Same here. I paid a crazy price for the CIB. But I don't mind, as I know where the money went. And if it's becoming available more easy soon, I could even afford a multi player copy

Quote:
M.K. wrote:

I'm not a programmer, but I like easter eggs ... and THAT was a nice one

I've brightened the screenshot with Ben & Lucky a bit ...

Quote:
thunderstruck wrote:
I just wanted to add that I got my price and that I would have never guessed that this is possible. Very cool, thanks allot.

I don't need to know this. I don't need to know this. I don't need to know this. Oh come on, please - what is it??
Does it have to do with that hidden content patch?
Pleeeaaase!

Attach file:

png  HF_ben_lucky.png (2.44 KB)
14288_59737781b0665.png 135X68 px

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post