You are not logged in.
Lost Password?

Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Just bought a Virtual Boy yesterday !
Posted on: 5/31 19:54
VB Gamer
Joined 5/28
France
15 Posts
Honestly i never buy from Akihabara before doing all the stores and comparing the prices. I always found the best deals that way, and for the things that are more pricey well some of those rare games are pretty hard to find outside of Akihabara.
So when i'm tired of looking, i just go to Super Potato or Retro Game Camp.

By the way i bought Golf and Virtual League Baseball for 750yen new complete in boxes today, which makes like 6euros for the two. When you know the good stores it's all good !

I bought my Famicom AV modded at Super Potato, and also bought my Super Famicom there, no problems at all and very clean systems.
Though some things can be found for cheaper in Book-Off or in Nakano Broadway stores, like the AV Famicom i bought two weeks ago, you have to come there more often to find the deal which can be a hassle.

But yeah i'm used to buy at Book-Off stores from all around Tokyo and it is a lot cheaper (excepted the one in Akiba but where the hell would you find a copy of LSD Dream Emulator if not there, haha, i did).

The boxed VB i have my eyes on is not in Akihabara, i know for sure this is the kind of store that have games there from their launch still at their retail prices from 20+ years ago.

Anyway, i still love my VB for what it is, we'll see what happens next.

Re: Just bought a Virtual Boy yesterday !
Posted on: 6/17 21:06
VB Gamer
Joined 5/28
France
15 Posts
To end this story on a good note, a friend of mine was very interested in the VB so i'm bringing it back to France with me, so if there is a fix possibility on that LED trouble one day,my friend might be interested.
He's a collector more than a gamer but he likes Nintendo systems and this one he is definitely not gonna play a lot ;)
At least it's gonna be shown to and tried by many !

And i bought a boxed one at BEEP shop for the same price than the one i wanted to pick up (in a shop i woudn't recommend but if you are in Tokyo looking for a hidden shop with a few gems at their retail prices from the 90's just ask me) so thanks a lot to mawa for mentionning BEEP, i didn't know about it ;)

That unit is PERFECT, i'm very happy about it, crisp picture and sound, no dead pixels :D

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post