You are not logged in.
Lost Password?

Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Has ANYBODY beaten Insmouse no Yakata with "ending A"?
Posted on: 3/7 0:09
Virtual Freak
Joined 1/25
USA
63 Posts
Quote:

Benjamin Stevens wrote:
I, too, really enjoy Mansion of Insmouse, and I am still planning to release my "All Hallows' Eve" edition, hopefully this year.

Wow that's awesome! Is it a Rom hack you are working on then? I'm excited to see it when it's done

Posted on: 3/7 19:55
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
1916 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (6 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Yes, it'll be a ROM hack with 45 new levels, each level map looking like something related to Halloween or All Hallows' Eve. I'll be using HorvatM's InsmEdit 1.2 program to create it.

Posted on: 3/7 21:19
Virtual Freak
Joined 1/25
USA
63 Posts
That will be really cool :D It sounds like the perfect twist to a virtual boy horror game!

Posted on: 4/10 8:51
Nintendoid!
Joined 2015/3/28
USA
245 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
How ya making out over there? Have you achieved?

Posted on: 4/11 2:16
VB Gamer
Joined 2007/9/26
28 Posts
Highscore Top ScoreLong Time User (9 Years)
I've gotten it before. I thought it was a pain to get though. There's a bit of luck involved due to the random placement of the items.

Posted on: 4/11 14:50
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
1916 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (6 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

Camera wrote:
I've gotten it before. I thought it was a pain to get though. There's a bit of luck involved due to the random placement of the items.

Yeah, that's the one thing about Mansion of Insmouse that frustrates me. It seems that the random placement of items can sometimes make it literally impossible to get the target time on a certain level.

Posted on: 4/13 1:42
VB Gamer
Joined 2/5
14 Posts
I beat it for the first time yesterday. Got ending C. My first few levels - I didn't like the game, but by the time I was done I really liked it. It would be awesome to see the Halloween mod...

Posted on: 4/13 22:38
VB Gamer
Joined 2/5
14 Posts
What do the different endings mean? The character turned into a monster in mine...

It wouldn't have killed them to add a few screens of text to give context to the story of the game.

I realized toward the end the monsters start looking more oceanic.. Then I read how in one of his books, the people in Insmouse turn into ocean dwelling creatures...

Posted on: 5/18 23:00
Virtual Freak
Joined 1/25
USA
63 Posts
Thats really interesting, about the book and ocean dwelling creatures. I agree, as time goes on, the monsters do look a little more oceanic.

I'm not really sure what the endings mean. I just barely beat the game with ending B right now, and there were a bunch of eyes that showed up in the dark. The main character pulls out a gun, and starts shooting at some of the eyes. Some of them disappear. Then, he tries to shoot again, and fires a blank. He has run out of ammo. Some of the eyes begin to reappear, and then you know that he's toast.

My guess is that the Endings B,C, and D suggest that you didn't get the "true ending". It's almost as if the endings are bad endings. I still haven't gotten ending A. It seems almost impossible to achieve. I will keep playing it until I get it though.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post