You are not logged in.
Lost Password?

Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

The Strangest Virtual Boy Problem I've Ever Seen
Posted on: 2/16 4:37
Joined 2/16
6 Posts
Hello everyone! First off, I'm new here so just want to say hello to you all!

Secondly, I just got a virtual boy the other week for like $46 with T&E Virtual Golf! Problem with it is that the right eyepiece did not have any picture. So I tried the oven bake method, got some picture! Tried it a few more times and now there was only scan lines! So instead I got a heat gun and went to town on it. Problem is, I sort of melted the plastic around the side of the ribbon so it is a little shrunken in. When I put the cable back into my virtual boy, it had full picture! but here's the weird part - whenever I would back my face away from it, I could see the right eyepiece massively glitching out, but as soon as I would stick my face back in, it would fix itself. While playing it so far I haven't had any problems with it messing up, but if I were to go away for a bit and then stick my face back into it, I have to wait a minute or so for the virtual boy to "fix itself". Anybody else have an issue like this?

Re: The Strangest Virtual Boy Problem I
Posted on: 2/16 4:55
Virtual Freak
Joined 1/25
USA
58 Posts
Haha, that sounds like a weird problem. There are individuals on here than can solder the part to fix it for good!

Posted on: 2/16 5:00
Joined 2/16
6 Posts
Oh really? I live in the states, who can I contact?

Posted on: 2/16 5:39
PVB Elite
Joined 2013/6/17
Canada
780 Posts
Highscore Top10Long Time User (3 Years)Top10 Poster10+ Game Ratings
Welcome! HP Lovethrash should be able to help you out

Posted on: 2/16 6:14
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
757 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (6 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
i wonder if you putting your head back into the VB is somehow acting as a dampener for the vibrating mirrors. without your head, there is more vibration so you see the glitch.

Posted on: 2/16 20:43
Joined 2/16
6 Posts
Awesome, thanks! And maybe it's acting as a dampener? That's actually really interesting to think about...

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post