Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Merry Chistmas..oh and btw..FACEBALL
Posted on: 2012/12/19 0:18
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
1979 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (6 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Hey MOLINASON,

The person who is always in need of donor carts is Richard. You can find his e-mail information here:

http://www.planetvb.com/modules/userc ... p?section=profile&uid=545

Thus, if you want to mail him free VB carts to use, send him an e-mail asking for his mailing address, saying that you would like to send him free donor carts to be used for the project, and even if he doesn't need them for this project, he can certainly use them for some future project, because at least several more are planned.

The thing is, though, Richard is very modest and may say something like "that's okay, I don't need any more donor carts," when in reality, he truly does. So if you can't get his mailing address that way, just ask me and I'll send it to you via PM. Then you can mail him the free carts, and he will have no choice but to accept them! :-)

Posted on: 2012/12/20 22:44
PVB Elite
Joined 2007/10/26
USA
738 Posts
Collection Top10ContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (10 Years) Donator
Thanx for all the support everyone :) I've been working crushing hours at work and haven't had time to post like I should. If someone wants to start a fund raiser..I won't stop them. But, I've always felt that you should get something back. That's why we came up with the special release cart..it will be fairly expensive...but it's our way of saying thank you to such a great community. I'm also sorry you have to wait a few months for us to get everything together :)

Now..what I really wanted to post about.

It wouldn't be fair unless I mention another person that helped make this all possible and made another sacrifice. Ben Stevens.

Not only did he buy my virtual boy collection..on very short notice. But, he let me keep my games..and he concentrated on all of the merchandise I've collected over the years. He wrote a much bigger check then that merchandise was worth. He might not have known what my plans were for faceball, but he overpaid on purpose to make sure faceball was acquired. He wouldn't come forward himself and say it..but this thing I'm doing wouldn't be possible without his selfless love (ahh lets face facts.. addiction) to the virtual boy.

I don't think I would have had the stones to write a check like that for a game. It's much easier to give up a collection that you spent years collecting...then to do that.

Now come on Ben, if your reading this..take some time and take some awesome pics of your amazing virtual boy collection :). I'm looking forward to seeing them :). If your worried i'd be hurt by seeing everything..DONT..I know it's all in good hands.

-Eric

Posted on: 2012/12/20 23:05
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/10/23
Great Britain
380 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (7 Years) Donator
Thanks to you aswell Ben, without you also this would not be happening.

Yeah come on take some pictures, i would love to see the new additions to your already fantastic collection.

Posted on: 2012/12/21 2:50
Virtual Freak
Joined 2009/4/30
USA
56 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
Could you also post a picture of the faceball prototype cart? I would love to see it!

Posted on: 2012/12/21 14:15
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
1979 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (6 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

VBmills wrote:
Yeah come on take some pictures, i would love to see the new additions to your already fantastic collection.

I've been having a hard time deciding how I'm going to display the collection on my profile page, since there are only 6 images allowed, but I guess for now, I can take pics and add them to the collections thread, since there are no limits on that. I don't have everything nicely displayed in a room, so I can't make a picture of a home display, but I'll keep it in mind to try to make photos of the items lying out on the floor or something soon.

Posted on: 2012/12/21 15:47
VB Gamer
Joined 2012/12/21
Australia
26 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
Wow, I come here because of Bound High and find this too? You guys are amazing. I fully support the ideals of the games liberation army :P Whenever I get some hard-to-come-by piece of Nintendo gear or whatever, I can't wait to take it around for everyone to get to play, and can't understand why you'd want to keep it away from everyone. Though that said the whole world of prototypes and secretive private collectors and stuff does seem rather intriguing... it'd be interesting to see some kind of documentary on it actually. Hmm.

Wait, I'm rambling again. Ugh. ADMIRABLE WORK! I'm definitely down for a copy once this gets off the ground.

Posted on: 2012/12/23 23:42
PVB Elite
Joined 2012/7/9
USA
560 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)30+ Game Ratings
FPS like Faceball will be a nice adage to the VB library for sure as its a higher programming over insmouse.

Posted on: 2012/12/31 21:28
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/11/23
132 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (4 Years)
Can somebody explain to me what exactly Faceball is? I am going to buy it, but I would like to know some things first.

Does it add anything other the other versions(SNES, PCE Duo, Gameboy)?

Eric, how did you find the guy who owned the prototype cart?

How did DogP and that magazine get a hold of the prototype cart? Why were they allowed to borrow it?

Is it true that Dragon Hopper has been privately dumped?

Should we focus on Zero Racers instead?

Posted on: 2012/12/31 22:10
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
1979 Posts
segagamer99,

Have you checked out this thread?

http://www.planetvb.com/modules/newbb ... t_id=19596#forumpost19596

It should give you some of the answers you're looking for.

Posted on: 2012/12/31 22:43
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/11/23
132 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (4 Years)
Quote:

Benjamin Stevens wrote:
segagamer99,

Have you checked out this thread?

http://www.planetvb.com/modules/newbb ... t_id=19596#forumpost19596

It should give you some of the answers you're looking for.

Yes, I've read that before, thank you. :)

But I am still confused. Did Mr. G sell the cart to Eric? He said he had it, but wasn't allowed to share it? The google translate was very confusing.

At least it's the best version available. :)

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post