Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Merry Chistmas..oh and btw..FACEBALL
Posted on: 2012/12/17 14:07
PVB Elite
Joined 2009/12/30
Netherlands
507 Posts
Highscore Top10Highscore Top ScoreContributor10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (7 Years)
This is GREAT news! I can't wait until its release, though I will obviously have to ;)
I think a "no strings attached" (where the money goes to the people who paid for it, without anything back for it but the ROM eventually) fundraiser would be a good idea to try to cover the costs as much as we can for now. I think that would be a good idea. Just to encourage the potential release of perhaps (if it really exists) Dragon Hopper.

Great news guys!

Posted on: 2012/12/17 17:04
Nintendoid!
Joined 2010/10/13
Austria
114 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (7 Years)
I definitely would want a boxed copy. Shall we make a list, of who is interested?

Posted on: 2012/12/17 17:15
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
1979 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (6 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

Protoman85 wrote:
People is just me on this one... And I didn't even call him greedy, I just said that it felt a little greedy to me. But if he really spent 5 figures on this (which I didn't know until after) I can't blame him at all. The one I would call greedy however is the original owner of the ROM/cartridge/code or whatever.

Whenever the rom does get released, I'll make a review of it.

I would agree that the first person, who owned the ROM, source code or a cart of an unreleased and otherwise unavailable game and who refused to let that game be released from his or her possession unless an extremely large profit could be made from the deal, could rightly be called greedy. It goes without saying, however, that Eric isn't trying to make any profit off of this and is actually willing to take a loss for the VB community.

The unfortunate thing that the VB community may have to face is that if Dragon Hopper or Zero Racers or some other hitherto unreleased game is out there in private hands, it could very well be in the hands of a greedy person, who won't give it up unless a ridiculous profit is made in the exchange. So the VB community would have to decide: is it worth it to come together and help pay the very large amount necessary so that the game can be played, enjoyed, and appreciated at all, or is it better to just never be able to play the game?

Those who help pay to get an unreleased Virtual Boy game released - even paying before they know how good the game is from playing it but who want it released anyway because they have an understanding that it is a genuine piece of Virtual Boy history that deserves more than the fate of being lost and unappreciated forever - are awesome in my book.

Posted on: 2012/12/17 17:21
Virtual Freak
Joined 2009/9/14
USA
95 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years)
This is epic! I'll be there when the sales begin, can't wait! You are truly awesome for letting this out!

Posted on: 2012/12/17 17:35
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1047 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (6 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
Quote:

Benjamin Stevens wrote:
Quote:

Protoman85 wrote:
People is just me on this one... And I didn't even call him greedy, I just said that it felt a little greedy to me. But if he really spent 5 figures on this (which I didn't know until after) I can't blame him at all. The one I would call greedy however is the original owner of the ROM/cartridge/code or whatever.

Whenever the rom does get released, I'll make a review of it.

I would agree that the first person, who owned the ROM, source code or a cart of an unreleased and otherwise unavailable game and who refused to let that game be released from his or her possession unless an extremely large profit could be made from the deal, could rightly be called greedy. It goes without saying, however, that Eric isn't trying to make any profit off of this and is actually willing to take a loss for the VB community.

The unfortunate thing that the VB community may have to face is that if Dragon Hopper or Zero Racers or some other hitherto unreleased game is out there in private hands, it could very well be in the hands of a greedy person, who won't give it up unless a ridiculous profit is made in the exchange. So the VB community would have to decide: is it worth it to come together and help pay the very large amount necessary so that the game can be played, enjoyed, and appreciated at all, or is it better to just never be able to play the game?

Those who help pay to get an unreleased Virtual Boy game released - even paying before they know how good the game is from playing it but who want it released anyway because they have an understanding that it is a genuine piece of Virtual Boy history that deserves more than the fate of being lost and unappreciated forever - are awesome in my book.

Well said Sir, well said.

Posted on: 2012/12/17 18:04
Nintendoid!
Joined 2010/10/3
128 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (7 Years)
This is epic. Definitely sign me up for the special "Donator" edition.

Posted on: 2012/12/17 18:22
Virtual Freak
Joined 2012/2/2
Canada
57 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)
Awesome! I am in for a donations edition for sure! Maybe two!

Posted on: 2012/12/18 2:13
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/11/23
132 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (4 Years)
This is really exciting! Thank you Eric for doing this for the community! I will buy a copy of Faceball when it comes out. I still hope you at least have one Virtual Boy left with Wario Land and Mario Clash. :)

On the other hand, would Zero Racers be much easier to get than Dragon Hopper? It is not talked about as much. And it would be great for the F-Zero fans.

I wonder how the guy with the rom was found.

Posted on: 2012/12/18 10:55
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/10/23
Great Britain
380 Posts
10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (7 Years) Donator
I think a fundraiser sounds like a great idea, to help soften the blow. After all the Rom is being released for free. The CIB option is optional for people who want an official looking item.

I will take part in any fundraiser and will be buying a copy also.

Thanks again Eric

Posted on: 2012/12/18 22:41
Joined 2012/1/7
8 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)
Hi!!!

It's great that you decided to release Faceball's ROM and greater by making cartridges and its boxes with instructions.

I'm interested in one of this numbered and limited editions with box and instructions. ┐How can I get it?

I have some repeated carts which can be at your disposal to donate, if possible, please send me your address and I will send them inmediately.

Planet Virtual Boy need people like you!!!

If you want to contact me please let me know your private email address and we talk about this.

Virtual Boy guys, now for Dragon Hoopper!!!!!!!!!

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post