Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Merry Chistmas..oh and btw..FACEBALL
Posted on: 2012/12/16 18:09
Nintendoid!
Joined 2009/8/3
Spain
129 Posts
Long Time User (8 Years) Donator60+ Game Ratings
I'm with you Eric , so before you start to make carts please send me a paypal account to donate the more I can.

Posted on: 2012/12/16 18:12
Nintendoid!
Joined 2006/7/11
Sweden
134 Posts
Collection Top10ContributorLong Time User (11 Years) Donator20+ Game Ratings
This is really good news and 100 $ is absolutly nothing to talk about...
Tell us where we pay fore one card.

Great fing to do. If there are any complaynes well skip the release and let etch one of us pay 4-5 diggits to get one :S

I'm in fore one.

:-D

Writhen from My phone so the spelling mess fings up :(

Posted on: 2012/12/16 18:18
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1047 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (6 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
I don't see the problem. Buy the game if you want to support the project otherwise wait for the ROM. It is that easy.

Posted on: 2012/12/16 19:46
PVB Elite
Joined 2012/7/9
USA
560 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)30+ Game Ratings
I am pretty excited about this, but I am very saddened about you wrecking your collection for one game. I recommend dumping the rom (for your personal enjoyment only), selling the prototype cart and then never releasing the rom.

I know you expected to take a loss but I am against you causing yourself that much money loss.
Edited by Dreammary on 2012/12/16 19:56
Edited by Dreammary on 2012/12/16 19:58

Posted on: 2012/12/16 20:25
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/6/18
Canada
142 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (5 Years)10+ Game RatingsDonator
Quote:

bigmak wrote:
I don't understand why getting donations to release it is 'not greedy', and selling the carts is 'greedy'.

I mean jeez..i don't know what else to do. If someone wants to write me a check for 5 figues..I guess i can release the rom and never make the game.

Eric, it's because of you that this community is as great as it is. You are an inspiration and a leader.

Quote:

Alfista wrote:
What a fantastic news!! . Eric ,if you need donations to release the game please send me your paypal account.I'll try to sell all my doubles too. Merry Christmas !!

I feel the same, I want to help as much as I can. Plus, it'll be nice to add another game to the collection. It'll put me at 22/24 games :)

Posted on: 2012/12/16 21:08
Administrator
Joined 2000/1/8
Germany
2425 Posts
Highscore Top10Highscore Top ScoreCoder#1 PosterHOTY09 1stLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder90+ Game Ratings
Eric, this is a huge thing to do and one of the reasons this community is as great as it is. Thank you! I just hope you can make your money back and won't have to pay this release out of your own pockets in the end. Let me know if there's any way I can help you with this, like featuring a fundraiser or something.

Since you're working closely with UncleTusk, you know that a cart release of Blox is planned. Well, I don't know what the profit is from every cart sold, but it would be great if every single cent of it would go in your direction.

Posted on: 2012/12/17 5:31
Nintendoid!
Joined 2010/8/29
126 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
Truly incredible news, and something I never thought we'd see happen. Put me down for a complete set!

This community truly goes to some great lengths to keep the VB feeling fresh. :) Who would have thought that so many years later, we'd be seeing "new" releases again?!

Posted on: 2012/12/17 5:40
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2011/7/3
USA
414 Posts
CoderContributorLong Time User (6 Years) App Coder40+ Game Ratings
Eric what you have done for this community is beyond words=D May God bless you without measure for your generousity.:)

Posted on: 2012/12/17 10:11
PVB Elite
Joined 2008/11/10
Great Britain
506 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (9 Years)
Freaking awesome: the news, the release, Bigmak, all freaking awesome.

And seriously people moaning that you are selling carts and being greedy, you could have done all whats been mentioned, and keep it all for yourself but no, you stepped up and have made many many VB gamers happy. Kudos to you my friend.

I hope I can get some funds raised to get me a cart copy, I'd be up for buying later next year one even once the ROM is released.

Stunning, just a stunning. Its Monday, I'm at work, yet happy........:)

Posted on: 2012/12/17 12:20
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/10/22
Sweden
330 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (7 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
People is just me on this one... And I didn't even call him greedy, I just said that it felt a little greedy to me. But if he really spent 5 figures on this (which I didn't know until after) I can't blame him at all. The one I would call greedy however is the original owner of the ROM/cartridge/code or whatever.

Whenever the rom does get released, I'll make a review of it.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post