Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: NIKOCHAN BATTLE - FACEBALL
Posted on: 2012/9/13 18:30
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2011/4/8
Great Britain
277 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
I think there is some miscommunication with the language barrier. I would never expect the ROM to be shared 'just like that' but I would hope that we could collectively generate enough money for the owner to release it. This way, he gets that cash to reimburse for the costs of the game and we get to play it too.

Either that, or we could buy the cart itself as we did with Bound High!

I think these points need to be communicated by someone literate in Japanese and English (Ben?), otherwise the finer details will be lost in translation.

I for one, appreciate the details on this site even if the game will not be released.
Faceball is available on other formats so I'm easily able to enjoy the graphics and sound, if we could see a video.

Posted on: 2012/9/13 18:39
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2008/11/4
Netherlands
336 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (6 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
wrong

Posted on: 2012/9/13 18:47
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
1327 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreContributorLong Time User (3 Years)#3 Poster30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

L___E___T wrote:

I think these points need to be communicated by someone literate in Japanese and English (Ben?), otherwise the finer details will be lost in translation.

Well, when it comes to translating Japanese into English using the various methods that I use, I think I can do so pretty well, but when it comes to translating English into Japanese, I would have no idea how the end result would look to a person fluent in Japanese. I would just pretty much type each English sentence into Google translator and maybe I could rearrange some characters if I could tell that Google translate did it wrong, but I still would have no idea if it would be in the right form in Japanese. I do remember other people on here saying that they knew Japanese speakers in the past. Perhaps those Japanese-speakers could be contacted if such would be necessary.

Posted on: 2012/9/13 19:01
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2008/11/4
Netherlands
336 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (6 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
Quote:

Benjamin Stevens wrote:
Quote:

L___E___T wrote:

Well, when it comes to translating Japanese into English using the various methods that I use, I think I can do so pretty well, but when it comes to translating English into Japanese, I would have no idea how the end result would look to a person fluent in Japanese. I would just pretty much type each English sentence into Google translator and maybe I could rearrange some characters if I could tell that Google translate did it wrong, but I still would have no idea if it would be in the right form in Japanese. I do remember other people on here saying that they knew Japanese speakers in the past. Perhaps those Japanese-speakers could be contacted if such would be necessary.

iff you use google translate english to japan it dont work it will be very stange japans
i have use this allot in japan in stores to talk whit the owners like ( super patato ) but it really dont work

Posted on: 2012/9/13 19:48
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2011/4/8
Great Britain
277 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
Quote:

mawa wrote:
wrong

yes faceball is available on other formats

Posted on: 2012/9/13 22:39
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
798 Posts
CoderContributorLong Time User (3 Years)Top10 PosterApp CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
I don't know if I remember correctly, but wasn't there someone offering 5000$ or so on the marketplace if Faceball was dumped?

I would already appreciate some additional pictures or a video or something like that.

Posted on: 2012/9/14 0:36
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
513 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

L___E___T wrote:
Either that, or we could buy the cart itself as we did with Bound High!

thanks to the recent sale of bound high on ebay, there will be no more reproduction carts made by richard. sadly, this would probably never happen.

Posted on: 2012/9/14 0:47
Joined 2012/1/7
8 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
I wish we all Virtual Boy lovers could play Faceball's ROM, if Mr. G were so kind and understood all of us who have been looking for this for so many years.

I'd like any proposal from you to play it...

Posted on: 2012/9/16 18:11
VB Gamer
Joined 2012/8/7
Germany
26 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
Thank you Mr.G for those informations about Faceball.
The footage looks amazing.

It would be great if this game could be playable for everyone.

Maybe you could ask the owner of the cart, how much money he wants for the Rom Dump of the game. I´m sure the virtual boy community is able to offer an agreeable price for this precious gem.

Thank you so much! Kind regards

Posted on: 2012/9/16 18:47
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2012/7/9
USA
346 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years) 20+ Game Ratings
Hes explained that the owner has no price, he will never release it. This whole thread was simply a tease, he was messing with us.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post

You are not logged in.
Lost Password?
Register Resend Activation