Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Who's interested in getting Space Pinball dumped?
Posted on: 2011/12/21 10:20
Virtual Freak
Joined 2011/3/11
77 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
It looks like there is an opportunity to get access to this game to dump it. There has been a lot of talk about people wanting unreleased games dumped and it seems like this could be a great opportunity. We would need to find a reputable person with the ability to dump it and $700 USD. What does everyone think about it?

Re: Who's interested in getting Space Pinball dumped?
Posted on: 2011/12/21 14:30
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
1319 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreContributorLong Time User (3 Years)#3 Poster30+ Game Ratings
If a reputable person is found who can dump it, I would be willing to give 100 U.S. dollars towards this project.

This is a serious pledge that I can definitely commit to.

By the way... I'm thinking that Richard Hutchinson would be a reputable and trustworthy person who can get this job done, so I'm throwing him out there as a suggestion. Am I right, Richard?

Posted on: 2011/12/21 18:58
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2009/8/2
USA
251 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (5 Years)10+ Game Ratings
Hell yeah. This would be a great chance to get this game relesed. Robert Molander is the only active member of the site who has the game, so hopefully he will read this thread and be on borad with it.

I agree with Benjamin Stevens. Richard would be the right person for this, he should be able to get the game dumped very easily. Also since hes very trustworty, we won't have to worry about anything going wrong.

Posted on: 2011/12/21 18:58
Virtual Freak
Joined 2011/3/11
77 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
Quote:

Benjamin Stevens wrote:
If a reputable person is found who can dump it, I would be willing to give 100 U.S. dollars towards this project.

This is a serious pledge that I can definitely commit to.

By the way... I'm thinking that Richard Hutchinson would be a reputable and trustworthy person who can get this job done, so I'm throwing him out there as a suggestion. Am I right, Richard?

That is some serious interest! and Richard would be the most reputable person I can think of so that would be amazing if he could.

Posted on: 2011/12/21 23:48
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2010/10/23
Great Britain
298 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)10+ Game RatingsDonator
Count me in. I'll give £30.
I don't personally know Richard but I did get my flash boy from him, so I would be more than happy for him to do this. That is if he doesn't mind of course.

Posted on: 2011/12/22 3:32
Nintendoid!
Joined 2009/8/11
USA
111 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)
What are the differences between the two?

Galactic Pinball and Marios Tennis are the reasons I bought my VB back in the day, so it would be cool to get a prerelease. But if it's pretty much the same thing, then the ROM wouldn't really be worth much to me.

Posted on: 2011/12/22 7:31
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
1319 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreContributorLong Time User (3 Years)#3 Poster30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

mbuchman wrote:
What are the differences between the two?

Check this out:

http://www.planetvb.com/modules/games/?r002p01

It is practically an entirely different game. Galactic Pinball can virtually be considered a sequel to Space Pinball, though it isn't really, since Space Pinball would have had to have been released, which it might soon be, now, in the ROM world. :-)

Posted on: 2011/12/22 14:41
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
1319 Posts
Quote:

VBrulez wrote:
Robert Molander is the only active member of the site who has the game, so hopefully he will read this thread and be on borad with it.

Given the fact that Srimok knows that 700 U.S. Dollars and a reputable person with the ability to dump it are all that is needed to get the game dumped, it would seem that he already knows someone who owns the game and who is willing to let it be dumped. Whether that person is Robert Molander, I don't know. Also, the person who owns the game who is willing to let it be dumped might not have one of the prototype carts of the game. Reproduction carts of this game have also been made in the past, but I don't know how many.

Posted on: 2011/12/22 17:08
Nintendoid!
Joined 2006/7/11
Sweden
106 Posts
Collection Top10ContributorLong Time User (8 Years) Donator20+ Game Ratings
Not intressted in this one, but faceball would be verry nice and i am willing to put in a couple of dollar“s to Faceball. :-)

Keep the game collection grow :-D

Posted on: 2011/12/22 22:47
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2009/8/2
USA
251 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (5 Years)10+ Game Ratings
Quote:

Benjamin Stevens wrote:
Quote:

VBrulez wrote:
Robert Molander is the only active member of the site who has the game, so hopefully he will read this thread and be on borad with it.

Given the fact that Srimok knows that 700 U.S. Dollars and a reputable person with the ability to dump it are all that is needed to get the game dumped, it would seem that he already knows someone who owns the game and who is willing to let it be dumped. Whether that person is Robert Molander, I don't know. Also, the person who owns the game who is willing to let it be dumped might not have one of the prototype carts of the game. Reproduction carts of this game have also been made in the past, but I don't know how many.

Srimok should have the person with the game show a picture of the cart, or if it's just a rom show it being played on an emulator. Just to show everythings legit. I'm not questioning Srimok or this other persons credibility, Srimok appears to be a nice reputable person. I'm just saying pictures of this persons game/ROM would be nice.

Hopefully this will work out and the game will be dumped. If a fundraiser gets started the amount will very quickly be met.

Maybe 2012 could be the year of lost VB protos getting dumped and relesed.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post

You are not logged in.
Lost Password?
Register Resend Activation