USA
94 Posts
Patreon Backer
Quote:

MineStorm wrote:
Are the shells 3D printed ?

Any chance I can have the .stl ?

Thanks

Yes the current prototype parts are 3D printed. For the current 20 or so cables people are requesting, the parts are likely to stay 3D printed.

I'm not sharing the design files at the moment. I may in the future.

Re: Link Cable project interest
Posted on: 7/10 16:46
Virtual Freak
Joined 2016/12/15
USA
94 Posts
Patreon Backer
Design updated and new parts on order.

I'll have the first 5 to 6 cables ready next week.

Posted on: 7/10 21:43
VB Gamer
Joined 7/10
14 Posts
I'll put down for this one. So this link cable will connect two VBs, right? I wonder what Nintendo had in mind for games with more than four players (like Bomberman or a Tetris with a versus mode).

Posted on: 7/11 21:16
Virtual Freak
Joined 2016/12/15
USA
94 Posts
Patreon Backer
New parts on the way with improved surface finish.

Attach file:

png  Improved print cover 5.png (354.42 KB)
14261_596523e1d79bf.png 492X474 px

Posted on: 7/12 0:37
PVB Elite
Joined 2010/1/5
Sweden
550 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years) Donator30+ Game Ratings
Nice, did they print at better quality or did they polish it?

Posted on: 7/12 1:55
Virtual Freak
Joined 2016/12/15
USA
94 Posts
Patreon Backer
Quote:

e5frog wrote:
Nice, did they print at better quality or did they polish it?

Same print settings. Different orientation. No polishing.

Posted on: 7/13 4:36
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/10/16
193 Posts
Long Time User (5 Years)
Is there open slots for the cable? I guess I missed this and im interested.

Posted on: 7/13 16:56
Virtual Freak
Joined 2016/12/15
USA
94 Posts
Patreon Backer
Quote:

Wyndcrosser wrote:
Is there open slots for the cable? I guess I missed this and im interested.

The first batch is about 10 or 12 cables. Those are all gone but there will be more once those ship. All the parts are on their way and should be here probably this weekend.

I'm planning on making 25 cables at the moment. All parts except the actual connector have been ordered for the 25 (meaning cabling and pins). I have connector parts currently coming for 12 complete cables. I've had some printed FDM using Onyx and some printed SLS using a PA12 material. I'm testing different print methods and materials and so don't want to order too many to begin with. Additional ones are coming in ABS but I'm guessing the quality will be too low. If the ABS versions are acceptable then I may have more initially.

Posted on: 7/13 17:12
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2014/6/4
USA
264 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)10+ Game Ratings
Quote:

mellott124 wrote:

The first batch is about 10 or 12 cables. Those are all gone but there will be more once those ship. All the parts are on their way and should be here probably this weekend.

I'm planning on making 25 cables at the moment. All parts except the actual connector have been ordered for the 25 (meaning cabling and pins). I have connector parts currently coming for 12 complete cables. I've had some printed FDM using Onyx and some printed SLS using a PA12 material. I'm testing different print methods and materials and so don't want to order too many to begin with. Additional ones are coming in ABS but I'm guessing the quality will be too low. If the ABS versions are acceptable then I may have more initially.

Have you decided how much you're gonna be selling these for?

Posted on: 7/13 17:30
Virtual Freak
Joined 2016/12/15
USA
94 Posts
Patreon Backer
Quote:

retronintendonerd wrote:
Quote:

mellott124 wrote:

Have you decided how much you're gonna be selling these for?

Yes. I'm going to do a bit of an experiment with this first batch. I'll let everyone know what the build cost is and then they can offer their own price through PM. It obviously has to be above what it costs to make. People will need to cover their own shipping as well.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post