Nintendoid!
Joined 2016/12/15
USA
133 Posts
Long Time User (1 Year)
Quote:

S7AYONTARGE7 wrote:
Ok... I'll be the idiot and ask:

Do you need two copies of the game to play 2 player, or is it like the DS multiplayer games were only one person needed a cart?

Thanks, and beautiful work as always!

2 copies of game are needed. One for each VB.

Re: Link Cable project interest
Posted on: 2017/10/4 1:31
VB Gamer
Joined 2017/9/22
34 Posts
Quote:

mellott124 wrote:
Quote:

S7AYONTARGE7 wrote:
Ok... I'll be the idiot and ask:

Do you need two copies of the game to play 2 player, or is it like the DS multiplayer games were only one person needed a cart?

Thanks, and beautiful work as always!

2 copies of game are needed. One for each VB.

Good to know, thank you.

Posted on: 2017/10/25 7:40
Nintendoid!
Joined 2016/12/15
USA
133 Posts
Long Time User (1 Year)
If people are interested in just the shells, I can send those out too. You'd need to source all your own parts to build the rest of the cable. Once I can get a how-to up on my website to build the cable then I'll start offering just the shells. Give me about a week or so and I'll try to get a page up. Not exactly a DIY kit but if you're willing to do some ground work you can get a cheaper cable made for yourself.

Price will change slightly based on number of units I've ordered but currently they would be $12.50 per connector. You'd need 2 to build a complete cable. Plus shipping as well. Keep in mind that I'm in the U.S. and shipping overseas may cost you more than the connectors.

Posted on: 2017/11/13 6:29
Nintendoid!
Joined 2016/12/15
USA
133 Posts
Long Time User (1 Year)
OK, page up detailing the build. Consider it a draft but I don't expect it to change much. I'll do some grammer/content edits over time.

http://www.mellottsvrpage.com/index.p ... y-wired-link-cable-build/

Posted on: 2017/11/13 23:43
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
829 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (6 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
thank you for taking the time to write that. i found that a very interesting read.

Posted on: 2017/11/17 10:41
VB Gamer
Joined 2017/5/20
10 Posts
Interesting read. Makes me appreciate my link cable even more now, as there is no way I have the patience nor the fine motor skills to put one of these together much less dozens. Thanks for your work.

Posted on: 2017/11/17 16:23
Virtual Freak
Joined 2014/5/16
USA
71 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
I agree. Reading that made my glad I paid for mine. I would have screwed that up several times if I did it myself. I like to do things myself when I can, but a man has got to know his limits :) Thanks again Kevin!

Quote:

CMills wrote:
Interesting read. Makes me appreciate my link cable even more now, as there is no way I have the patience nor the fine motor skills to put one of these together much less dozens. Thanks for your work.

Posted on: 2017/11/17 17:10
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2014/6/4
USA
344 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)10+ Game Ratings
Pretty much what everyone else said. Seeing just how much work goes into assembling them, makes me appreciate mine even more :)

Posted on: 2017/12/29 2:48
Nintendoid!
Joined 2016/12/15
USA
133 Posts
Long Time User (1 Year)
I have some cosmetic reject covers and SLS printed center pieces, 6 complete connector ends, along with a single SLA white printed complete connector end for link cable connectors. There's also one set of cosmetic defect covers without a center.

It will take someone with some determination and possibly some modification skills but link cables could be made from them. PM me if you're interested in the parts. I'll give them for free if you pay your own shipping.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post