Posted on: 10/4 0:33
Nintendoid!
Joined 2016/12/15
USA
103 Posts
Quote:

S7AYONTARGE7 wrote:
Ok... I'll be the idiot and ask:

Do you need two copies of the game to play 2 player, or is it like the DS multiplayer games were only one person needed a cart?

Thanks, and beautiful work as always!

2 copies of game are needed. One for each VB.

Re: Link Cable project interest
Posted on: 10/4 1:31
VB Gamer
Joined 9/22
34 Posts
Quote:

mellott124 wrote:
Quote:

S7AYONTARGE7 wrote:
Ok... I'll be the idiot and ask:

Do you need two copies of the game to play 2 player, or is it like the DS multiplayer games were only one person needed a cart?

Thanks, and beautiful work as always!

2 copies of game are needed. One for each VB.

Good to know, thank you.

Posted on: 10/25 7:40
Nintendoid!
Joined 2016/12/15
USA
103 Posts
If people are interested in just the shells, I can send those out too. You'd need to source all your own parts to build the rest of the cable. Once I can get a how-to up on my website to build the cable then I'll start offering just the shells. Give me about a week or so and I'll try to get a page up. Not exactly a DIY kit but if you're willing to do some ground work you can get a cheaper cable made for yourself.

Price will change slightly based on number of units I've ordered but currently they would be $12.50 per connector. You'd need 2 to build a complete cable. Plus shipping as well. Keep in mind that I'm in the U.S. and shipping overseas may cost you more than the connectors.

Posted on: 11/13 6:29
Nintendoid!
Joined 2016/12/15
USA
103 Posts
OK, page up detailing the build. Consider it a draft but I don't expect it to change much. I'll do some grammer/content edits over time.

http://www.mellottsvrpage.com/index.p ... y-wired-link-cable-build/

Posted on: 11/13 23:43
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
821 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (6 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
thank you for taking the time to write that. i found that a very interesting read.

Posted on: 11/17 10:41
Joined 5/20
3 Posts
Interesting read. Makes me appreciate my link cable even more now, as there is no way I have the patience nor the fine motor skills to put one of these together much less dozens. Thanks for your work.

Posted on: 11/17 16:23
Virtual Freak
Joined 2014/5/16
USA
59 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
I agree. Reading that made my glad I paid for mine. I would have screwed that up several times if I did it myself. I like to do things myself when I can, but a man has got to know his limits :) Thanks again Kevin!

Quote:

CMills wrote:
Interesting read. Makes me appreciate my link cable even more now, as there is no way I have the patience nor the fine motor skills to put one of these together much less dozens. Thanks for your work.

Posted on: 11/17 17:10
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2014/6/4
USA
279 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)10+ Game Ratings
Pretty much what everyone else said. Seeing just how much work goes into assembling them, makes me appreciate mine even more :)

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post