Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Virtual boy coding competition video promo
Posted on: 2010/5/14 12:18
VB Gamer
Joined 2010/2/11
Great Britain
34 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years)
No worries Akumie, I have the emulator running nicely and sucked Camtasia down off the newsgroups last night...its gonna be a busy weekend :)

Posted on: 2010/5/19 13:44
VB Gamer
Joined 2010/2/11
Great Britain
34 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years)
*Update*

Hey all, or in fact anyone watching this thread :)
It was a busy weekend indeed and I didn't even get the majority of the asset building done! Most of the P/Shop stuff is complete now though and I should start to put the animation/promo film together tonight after work.

@Kr155e: The sound/music files hosted here at PlanetVB won't download for me. They'll play through Quicktime but I can't save the source without having Quicktime Pro. Anyway could you email a zip or two over to me please fella?

@Akumie: I noticed your promo had been taken down off YouTube, was that your doing or did it happen by way of some moderation process? Either way, I was a bit surprised.

Just keeping you all informed anyway, my YouTube name is MrDevilsAvocado and that's where I'll be hosting the file when it renders out.

Posted on: 2010/5/19 14:07
PVB Elite
Joined 2010/1/5
Sweden
550 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years) Donator30+ Game Ratings
The last one by akumie is still up the first one is tagged "removed by the user".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYIc_W6-er8

To save the music just right click the mp3-links and choose "Save Link As". If you are able to play them in Quicktime they should be downloaded somewhere already, probably in the browser cache, you could also check that if you like.

Posted on: 2010/5/19 15:42
VB Gamer
Joined 2010/2/11
Great Britain
34 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years)
Thanks Frog, I was looking at the wrong page for Akumie's video so that's all good.

re: the MP3's..
I was trying to sneakily download them at work onto the laptop I have. Unfortunately, all the computers here at work - inc. my laptop - are Apple Mac. No worries though, after holding down a few different buttons and clicking on the links I was able to get the mp3's I needed downloaded.

Posted on: 2010/6/2 0:01
VB Gamer
Joined 2010/2/11
Great Britain
34 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years)
Hi guys,

So its been a couple of weeks and I've been quiet I know. The weather has been nice for a change so I have to admit catching some time in the sun...

I felt a little guilty for not getting on with a little promo I'd promised to have a crack at so set to it with renewed vigor over the last few days. The result is a short teaser vid which says 'what and where' with a full length promo in production to follow. I'm still sourcing the best music and game sounds to use and tidying up some Camtasia grabs of the emulator but this should give you a taste of what I've been doing.

YouTube - Teaser

Posted on: 2010/6/2 0:21
PVB Elite
Joined 2010/1/5
Sweden
550 Posts
Long Time User (7 Years) Donator30+ Game Ratings
NICE!!

You've captured a real 3D feel to it.

Posted on: 2010/6/2 0:27
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2003/9/3
Sweden
438 Posts
PVBCC EntryHighscore Top10 3rdCoderContributorHOTY09 2ndLong Time User (14 Years) DonatorApp CoderPVBCC 2010 1st20+ Game RatingsPVBCC 2013 2nd
Great job, it looks awesome!

Posted on: 2010/6/2 0:55
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2006/9/29
USA
267 Posts
CoderLong Time User (11 Years) PVBCC 2010 3rd
That is fantastic, sir. It really reminds me of the old VB ads. If only we could get that announcer guy...

Now all it needs is "PLAY IT LOUD" at the end.

Edit: Also, remember that the official coding comp web address is cc10.planetvb.com (but considering it's just a link to a news post, that may not be necessary)

Posted on: 2010/6/2 2:21
PVB Elite
Joined 2003/7/26
USA
1404 Posts
PVBCC EntryCoderContributorSpecial AchievementTop10 PosterHOTY09 EntryLong Time User (14 Years) App Coder20+ Game RatingsPVBCC 2013 EntryPatreon Backer
Wow, that is very cool, DevilsAvocado. I can't wait for the full thing. What software are you using for this project?

IMHO, the music should be some nice mid-90's trance; perhaps Goa. Something subtle, but with a definite beat.

Posted on: 2010/6/2 9:13
Administrator
Joined 2000/1/8
Germany
2420 Posts
Highscore Top10Highscore Top ScoreCoder#1 PosterHOTY09 1stLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder90+ Game Ratings
Great one! :)

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post