Register To Post

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: [ENTRY] VB RACING
Posted on: 2008/10/1 23:58
VB Gamer
Joined 2008/9/23
37 Posts
Long Time User (9 Years)
Great! Now I am waiting for my Flashboy... but I will test it as fast as it reach!!! :)

Posted on: 2008/10/3 13:26
VB Gamer
Joined 2008/9/23
37 Posts
Long Time User (9 Years)
Absolutely outstanding game! Hope it will be finished, but well, to finish... it only needs sound and a splash screen. Playability it's great and it's very fun!

How many stages it has?

Regards,

Salva

Posted on: 2008/10/3 16:29
VB Gamer
Joined 2008/8/31
Germany
39 Posts
PVBCC 2ndHighscore Top10 2ndHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCoderLong Time User (9 Years) PVBCC 2013 1st
Thanks for the compliments.
There are only 3 stages, but I want to add more stages and new game modes.

Here are a few infos about the game:
- fast raycasting engine
- self-drawn stereoscopic graphics
- 3 stages
- ai players become angry when you hit them

BTW, here's a link to an ingame video: http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=twiB61177XM

Posted on: 2008/10/3 17:15
Administrator
Joined 2000/1/8
Germany
2420 Posts
Highscore Top10Highscore Top ScoreCoder#1 PosterHOTY09 1stLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder90+ Game Ratings
a nice fun to play surprise entry! :) looking forward to future versions! btw, how is a stage selected? or is the stage selected randomly?

Posted on: 2008/10/3 17:30
VB Gamer
Joined 2008/8/31
Germany
39 Posts
PVBCC 2ndHighscore Top10 2ndHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCoderLong Time User (9 Years) PVBCC 2013 1st
There is no stage selection screen. You have to reach the finish line in the given time to get to the next stage.

Posted on: 2008/10/4 2:13
PVB Elite
Joined 2007/10/26
USA
737 Posts
Collection Top10ContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (9 Years) Donator
I've tried to learn a bit of coding :), and so that is what I know atm..just a bit. But from what I remember, isn’t a raycasting engine the same type used in wolfenstein 3D ? Do you think your engine would do well in that application ?

This was a very surprising entry, and very well done. You answered one of my questions already when you said you planned to add more to the game. Do you plan to use DanB’s midi player to control the music (off topic wow..how cool is that entry for a developing tool )?

Have you done any other projects or demo’s for the vboy ? Or was this your first entry into vboy programming ? Are you going to continue concentrating your time on working on this project or do you have others your going to work on also ?

I better stop before I have screens and screens of questions, thanx for the game btw

-Bigmak

Posted on: 2008/10/5 22:11
VB Gamer
Joined 2006/11/21
Germany
11 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (10 Years)
great game. I ever wanted to play an Outrun clone on the Virtual Boy.

I hope you can add midi sound in a future release. I pretty sure the the classic Splash Wave from Outrun is available as midi :)

Posted on: 2008/10/6 6:16
VB Gamer
Joined 2008/8/31
Germany
39 Posts
Quote:

bigmak wrote:
... isn’t a raycasting engine the same type used in wolfenstein 3D ? Do you think your engine would do well in that application ?

The engine of VB Racing is not really useable for a fps like wolf3d, but I have already begun to write a new raycasting engine for first person shooters.

Quote:

Do you plan to use DanB’s midi player to control the music

Maybe.

Quote:

Have you done any other projects or demo’s for the vboy ? Or was this your first entry into vboy programming ?

This was my first vb game, but I have a few other projects running.

Attach file:

jpg  ray-demo.jpg (6.48 KB)
843_48e991111ff08.jpg 368X256 px

Posted on: 2008/10/6 6:25
VB Gamer
Joined 2008/8/31
Germany
39 Posts
Quote:

madmax wrote:
I pretty sure the the classic Splash Wave from Outrun is available as midi :)

Yes, its available as midi :)
Because of copyright reasons I probably won't release the game with this music, but I could write a tool with which you could replace music data.

Posted on: 2008/10/8 22:56
VB Gamer
Joined 2006/11/21
Germany
11 Posts
ContributorLong Time User (10 Years)
Quote:
M.K. schrieb: Yes, its available as midi :) Because of copyright reasons I probably won't release the game with this music, but I could write a tool with which you could replace music data.
that would be awesome Your raycasting engine does also look very nice. I'm really impressed what happened in the homebrew scene since the release of the flashboy.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post