Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: The Noteworthy Auction Threadô
Posted on: 4/16 23:53
Nintendoid!
Joined 2007/11/10
Austria
122 Posts
Long Time User (9 Years)
The good thing is also that I can proof to my wife that there are other people much more crazy than me, buying stuff like that.
;-)
There is a switch on the bottom of that stand, what does that do?

Posted on: 4/17 3:51
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
1939 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10 3rdContributor#2 PosterLong Time User (6 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

VectrexRoli wrote:
The good thing is also that I can proof to my wife that there are other people much more crazy than me, buying stuff like that.
;-)

That switch just looks like it might be a pop-out rendition of the power switch found on the Virtual Boy controller, but it's hard to tell in the photo if it is actually jutting out of the sign. Thus, I don't think it'll have any special function on the sign itself. It'd be pretty cool, though, if they made the switch jut out of the image of the Virtual Boy controller on the sign. I guess VUE Finder will let us know once he gets it.

Posted on: 4/17 7:50
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2015/3/28
USA
253 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
Quote:

Benjamin Stevens wrote:
I guess VUE Finder will let us know once he gets it.

Yeah definitely! I'll keep you guys posted. Also, I think I know what this "sign" really is and why it's shaped that way. But I'll confirm my thoughts on it once I have it in hand.

Posted on: 4/17 15:13
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
1939 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10 3rdContributor#2 PosterLong Time User (6 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
I found this among the ended Yahoo! Japan Auctions:

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g204783619

I'm not quite sure of what it is. It almost looks like a Panic Bomber mouse pad, but perhaps it is simply a card of sorts.

Attach file:

jpg  Panic Bomber Image.jpg (188.98 KB)
1643_58f4bf6ea16e7.jpg 644X902 px

Posted on: 4/17 20:06
Administrator
Joined 2000/1/8
Germany
2391 Posts
Highscore Top10Highscore Top ScoreCoder#1 PosterHOTY09 1stLong Time User (15 Years) App Coder90+ Game Ratings
Quote:
I'm not quite sure of what it is. It almost looks like a Panic Bomber mouse pad, but perhaps it is simply a card of sorts.

Nice find! Seems to be a telephone card (テレカ).

Posted on: 4/17 20:26
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
1939 Posts
Quote:

KR155E wrote:
Quote:

Nice find! Seems to be a telephone card (テレカ).

Yeah! That definitely appears to be right. Man... I never would have guessed that there'd be an original, Virtual Boy-related telephone card out there somewhere.

Posted on: 4/19 7:28
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
795 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (6 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
that is definitely an odd rarity.

Posted on: 4/22 20:11
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2015/3/28
USA
253 Posts
Long Time User (2 Years)
Quote:

Benjamin Stevens wrote:
Quote:

VectrexRoli wrote:
;-)

That switch just looks like it might be a pop-out rendition of the power switch found on the Virtual Boy controller, but it's hard to tell in the photo if it is actually jutting out of the sign. Thus, I don't think it'll have any special function on the sign itself. It'd be pretty cool, though, if they made the switch jut out of the image of the Virtual Boy controller on the sign. I guess VUE Finder will let us know once he gets it.

The power switch is just a 2-D image.

Here's a link to the thread...

http://www.planetvb.com/modules/newbb ... t_id=36859#forumpost36859

Posted on: 4/22 20:45
Nintendoid!
Joined 2007/11/10
Austria
122 Posts
Long Time User (9 Years)
Thanks, wow that switch looks realistic for a 2D image.

Posted on: 4/23 23:38
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2011/4/8
Great Britain
386 Posts
Long Time User (6 Years)
Virtual Bowling ending soon - HOWEVER it's worth noting this has been shill-bidded to hell as per all Yamatoku's high ticket items.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311850869006?ul_noapp=true

Check 2nd highest, that has 100% bid activity with this seller, and what a surprise bidded up from $8 to $500.

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post