Posted on: 7/8 20:10
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1034 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (6 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
Quote:

Benjamin Stevens wrote:
Hey, Thunder! I just tried out the Chun-Li and Guile versions of your hacked version of Mr. Anon's publicly released demo. I imagine the three hacked versions you released should help to satisfy those who don't have access to the full version, even allowing them to view it in 3D on an Oculus Rift, I believe.

I take it you weren't able to find any debug menu in the demo version, allowing the speed or difficulty to be changed?

I checked very briefly but nothing hit my eye.

Re: Hyper Fighting unlocks
Posted on: 7/8 20:43
PVB Elite
Joined 2013/6/17
Canada
830 Posts
Highscore Top10Top10 Poster10+ Game RatingsLong Time User (4 Years)
Amazing what you can find by digging into the rom. Good stuff Thunder, thanks for sharing!

Posted on: 7/8 20:55
Virtual Freak
Joined 2014/5/16
USA
54 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
So guys, I'm guessing that we think we have likely found everything that can be unlocked in the game since thunder went as far as digging into the code? I wonder if the programmer would confirm nor deny this? Is he a member of the community?

Quote:

thunderstruck wrote:

I checked very briefly but nothing hit my eye.

Posted on: 7/9 5:09
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/4/27
USA
1957 Posts
Highscore Top10 1stHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreHighscore Top ScoreCollection Top10Contributor#2 PosterLong Time User (6 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
Quote:

astro187 wrote:
So guys, I'm guessing that we think we have likely found everything that can be unlocked in the game since thunder went as far as digging into the code? I wonder if the programmer would confirm nor deny this? Is he a member of the community?

The last time Mr. Anon logged into this site was October 28, 2013, so while you could try sending him a PM and asking, it probably isn't likely that you'll ever get a response.

http://www.planetvb.com/modules/userc ... ?section=profile&uid=3577

Posted on: 7/9 17:11
VUE(xpert)
Joined 2007/7/28
Great Britain
287 Posts
Long Time User (10 Years) App Coder
Quote:
While I don't get why the ROM is kept secret

It was just to ensure the author got his cut. It's such an amazing piece of programming.

BTW a cart-only version of the full game will soon be released.

Posted on: 7/9 20:09
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/7/1
Germany
1034 Posts
CoderContributorTop10 PosterLong Time User (6 Years) App CoderPVBCC 2013 Entry
Quote:

MineStorm wrote:
Quote:
While I don't get why the ROM is kept secret

It was just to ensure the author got his cut. It's such an amazing piece of programming.

BTW a cart-only version of the full game will soon be released.

Makes sense. It has been released over 2 and a half years ago though.
Isn't it about time to release the rom?

Posted on: 7/10 2:05
PVB Elite
Joined 2011/3/10
USA
800 Posts
Top10 PosterLong Time User (6 Years) 30+ Game Ratings
i'm just happy to read that a cart-only release is planned. that game really needs to get into the hands of more gamers! having only 75 of those floating around hasn't done much good for the VB community other than creating modern-day press for our beloved console!

Posted on: 7/10 11:45
Joined 2007/7/31
9 Posts
Long Time User (10 Years)
It's been a very long time since i last came here.
i've read about the release of a retail version of Hyper Fighting. Such a good news.
See ya later !

Posted on: 7/11 20:14
Virtual Freak
Joined 2014/1/16
France
60 Posts
Long Time User (3 Years)
It's a great news !
As the only french to have a cartridge of the complete version (maybe I'm wrong but I think so because I never found another frenchie with a cart), I spend a lot of time running from a show to the next one to let people discover this game, because it deserves more fame. I already visited about a dozen shows in the northern half of France with the cart in my pocket, asking the crew to let me show the game, telling its history, how it was made (at least the part we know^^). I'm even currently making a VB-to-TV output to display the game on stage.

A public release is the best news of the day.

Posted on: 7/12 3:16
Nintendoid!
Joined 2012/10/16
191 Posts
Long Time User (4 Years)
I have the ROM, if you know who wants it released

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post